Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vegas Video 3.0???

Anybody using this for video editing? How is it compared to Adobe Premiere 6.0? I had downloaded the demo but haven't got around installing it yet. I'm also curious if the built-in mpeg 1&2 encoder in Vegas (Mediaconcept codec if i'm not mistaken) is any good. I've seen screenshots for Vegas and I like the fact that the layout is similar to Acid Pro which i'm very familiar with. Any info is much appreciated. TIA!!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sonic Foundry products are all great. A great feature of VV is that if you know Acid, VV is easy to use without too much manual reading. Another great feature is that CD Architect has been re-introduced. Try the demo, I wish I did before buying Final Cut Pro 3 and a new Mac. Nick

Thanks Craig and Nick... will try out the demo today if I get some time. I'm really looking for an easy-to-use-right-off-the-bat program and vegas seems a good choice considering the layout is pretty much like Acid Pro which i'm very familiar with. I'm currently documenting my wife's pregnancy (our first, we're havin' twins!) with my Sony DCR-TRV340 D8 cam and already got some great footage and plan to edit it with some simple fades and dissolves. Maybe lay it over a bed of music or something. Thanks guys! :thu:

Archived