Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Songs for female singers?

Phoney McRing Ring

Yeah Jeremy im sorry too man, did'nt really mean to go off at you like that, been a very crapy week at Uni combined with a whole load of other stuff, really did'nt mean it. The new list is awsome though, i cant belive i did'nt think of Le Freak, i have Chics best off and its got an amazing bass line on it.

We think we've got a good idea of what we're doing now, the gig is not till January so we've got time to change it if we need to. The problem was really the audience we'd be playing to, very much a mosher/skater type of people however we recon we've got a good balance.

The songs will prob just turn into improv jams anyway :)

Sorry for being an ass ladies and gents

Cheers

Much Love :thu:

Dave

"I am just an instrument cos the lord is playing this funk"-T.M Stevens

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to the original post: If that's all you guys (and gal) can come up with, then you really need to get out more or expand your musical universe.

There are tons of great songs for female singers. A lot would depend on a couple of chief criteria:

- What songs your audience would appreciate: dance, modern, classic rock, soul, r & b, country, etc.

- What songs your female singer likes and would like to sing and is capable of singing. Who are her favorite female singers?

- Songs that you band is capable of, or interested in, playing.

That should narrow it down a bit. I could give you tons of suggestions, but if they don't meet the above criteria, then it would be pointless.

Badger

Originally posted by mattulator:

Almost any Rush song ever recorded. - lug

I LOVE this guy!!
Thanks! In case you are wondering, I love long walks on the beach, chestnuts roasting over an open fire, long heartfelt talks over a cappuccino, and puppies AND kittens.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Archived