Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Halo 2!!!!!

Bass_god_offspring

MERE HOURS UNTIL THE MOST HIGHLY ANTICIPATED GAME OF ALL TIME ARRIVES. WITH OVER 4 MILLION RESERVED COPIES, AND A RELEASE DATE THAT HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT FOR YEARS IT IS EASILY THE MOST HYPED VIDEO GAME EVER CREATED!

HALO 2!!!

ON THE EAST COAST IT IS ONLY A LITTLE OVER AN HOUR AWAY!

ON THE WEST COAST IT IS ONLY 4 HOURS AND 4 MINUTES AWAY.

...Now back to our regularly schedualed programming...

P.s. my absence on this forum will be highly likely over the next few days due to the highly addictive game play of Halo 2.

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though this is supremely off topic, I'm pretty durn excited! Though I don't have a Box...

On Saturday or Friday, I'm like most definitely having friends over to play Halo 2 on the system link. One tv's like 50 inches, the other 27. It's gonna ROCK.

In Skynyrd We Trust

Today all my jr. high computer students kept running into the room every fifteen minutes to see how many hours were left before it comes out.

I think some of them hoped to get their parents to drive them out to Circuit City at midnight.

And then they were asking me if they could install it on all eight computers in the computer classroom and play each other on the network.

Halo was a good game. I had fun playing it but wasnt really my thing. Not enough to buy Halo 2 anyways.

I'm more into MMPOGs than stand alone games with some multiplayer.

Ive been waiting a loooong time for Everquest 2. Played beta for a bit. It shipped out today and I expect to get my retail copy tomorrow (hopefully and of course it will be the collectors edition).

I'm also playing World of Warcraft Beta. another good game thats been highly anticipated. havent decided if i'll buy it retail or not yet. Its expected in stores around the 23rd.

One of the many benefits of working for The Evil Empire: I got selected for the Halo 2 beta and thus, got to play it for about 5 weeks in the late summer. It was only the online multi-player portion of the game, but it rocked like none other.

One of the other benefits: I picked up my copy of the game from the MS employee store this morning for a mere $25.

My social life is over for the next 6 months. Goodbye cruel world.

On my way home last night baout 12:30 AM the 2 computer software stores in my neighborhood had very very long lines outside waiting for this new Halo thing...

I dont know if they stayed on line all nite or the where able to purchase it in the wee hours....

What is all the excitement about anyway?

www.danielprine.com

On my way home last night baout 12:30 AM the 2 computer software stores in my neighborhood had very very long lines outside waiting for this new Halo thing...

I dont know if they stayed on line all nite or the where able to purchase it in the wee hours....

What is all the excitement about anyway?

well, Halo has been the best selling game on Xbox since it came out, and is claimed to have revolutionized the video game world. it's also an amazingly great game. great storyline, great action, great graphics, everything.

I got my copy today....*Drools a little*....and it is amazing like no other.

Bumpcity-damn, your lucky, i wish i had a job like that. :)

.........goes back into dark room with Xbox controller....

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

i really dont play enough video games these days.

i played halo at my brother's in the summer, although i sucked at it it was tons of fun, GTA SAN ANDREAS IS AMAZING played it at a friends and it mkaes me wish i had a ps2 instead of a gamecube, the cube is not that great. But even if i did have a ps2 i'd probably barely play it, my gamecube sits in a dusty corner in my living room unplugged from the tv and i only really play it when friends come over but i get bored of my games too easily, it doesnt help that i rarely ever buy new games either.

oh well...i'm happy playing music more fun than a video game to me ;)

peace g4m3rzz

I've never played Halo or Halo2.

Probably because I dont own Xbox.

A good PC is all I need.

F*** Gamepads. The mouse is where its at.

http://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/blue.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/black.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/fuscia.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/grey.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/orange.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/purple.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/red.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/yellow.JPG

Originally posted by Bass_god_offspring:

MERE HOURS UNTIL THE MOST HIGHLY ANTICIPATED GAME OF ALL TIME ARRIVES. WITH OVER 4 MILLION RESERVED COPIES, AND A RELEASE DATE THAT HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT FOR YEARS IT IS EASILY THE MOST HYPED VIDEO GAME EVER CREATED!

GTA San Andreas????

Is this off topic, or are we going to discuss the bass line in the musical score at some point?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Its like when Doom came out. I played the hell out of that game. I got a killer mod that switched all the demons to the movie 'Aliens' likeness and soundbite from that move. "There's movement all over the place", "In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, we're getting our asses kicked", etc. on top of that they switched the music to songs from Metallica's first 2 albums. way cool mod. And yet, when Doom 2 came out, I just couldnt get into it. I now have Doom 3 (like I havent learned) and I barely played it.

Oh wow! Today, I had 4 friends over and we did system link, I'm practically peeing my pants. It was so awesome. The graphics are awesome, and all of the stuff in multiplayer just makes it better. The first one was awesome, this one is god.

By the way, I hate the plasma swords in multiplayer!

LadY

In Skynyrd We Trust

Originally posted by Deerhunting Season Avatar:

Hey Bump,

I have a cousin in the Live Communications Server team. You anywhere near there?

ATM

Nope, sorry, don't do anything near those guys... not even sure what building they are in. MS has a huge campus. :)

Uhh... I think my name is somewhere on the game disc as a beta tester. I honestly haven't looked.

This game friggin' rules.

• 3 weeks later...
Beat the single player campaign this weekend. Can't wait for the next one. I haven't had a chance to play any multi-player yet. I got the soundtrack. Breaking Benjamin have an awesome song on it called "Blow Me Away". Very cool!!

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Some buddies and I set up 2 Xboxes and 2 TVs and got some 8 player mayhem on this weekend. We played a lot of 4 on 4 team action with each team in a different room. It got pretty hairy. The hardest part was getting the teams equal with 2 good players and 2 newbies (I was one of the newbies) per team. Talk about some madness! My fav was team king of the hill. We got started about 3 in the afternoon and went until past midnite. My girlfriend was not happy, but what are you gonna do?

I'm feeling old. I still prefer Centipede or Ms. Pacman. Or Pong.

Hell, I remember when Electronic Battle Ship was cutting edge.

If you aren't aware of it, you need to check out MAME.

http://www.mame.net/

I've got almost 5,000 old arcade games on my laptop. I still love playing Ghost and Goblins or Rastan.

But..Halo 2 does rock!

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Y'all are probably going to think I'm high, but I do believe that some of the songs on the Halo 2 soundtrack have a definite Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon influence...

Tenstrum

Archived