Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sorry about this,,,

ChrisOfDoom

I have seached the forum for about a half hour now trying to find a post about the tonal qualities of materials used in bass/g****rs. I remember reading one where there was a link that had information about all the different parts of a guitar and the differences they made in the sound.

Does anybody know that link? I am helping a freind research properties of materials in guitars.

THanks in advance!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't clonk the lonks above, but I'm guessing the typical GOOGLE winners are rep'd there. I see Carvin updated their woods description area since last I looked.

This is one of those topics you will hear much craziness about, as well as some hard-won earfuls. Also important to builders is how the wood acts when it is worked, glued, etc.

I was looking for one very specific one. It had information on properties of metals used as well. I did find a few of the woods links though. It literally talked about every individual piece on a bass and the difference you can make by changing it.

Thanks for the help though.

Hmmm, it seems to me that GraphTech and Hipshot have both talked about metal properties. Graphtech has done studies that show why their NON-metal bridgepieces/barrels filter the tone less - and thus tend to sustain better... and Hipshot because they selel both aluminum and brass bridges.

I can't address metal properties. Ken Smith and Mike Tobias have info on their site.

Click this link for Tobias

Click here for Ken Smith Note the Wood pages and the factory tour.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Originally posted by justinruins:

Originally posted by Social Critic:

A piece of wax paper folded over a pocket comb makes a really dandy kazoo!

you can beat on a water cooler jug and get a variety of bad ass noises too.
Gentlemen-your G.A.S. is backward.

Please fix.

Thx.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Archived