Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

finally, some gig spam from the cracker!

The Fonz

okay, so i'm playing my first gig with the new band, blue winter. rehearsals are kind of hit or miss depending on the quality of the gear in the room and the mood of the drummer. with any luck both will be in our favor on the night of Thursday, November 11th at The Continental at Bleeker and 4th ave . be there or be trapezoidal.
Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all, here's my report.

The rock was indeed brought. The band is good, better than I had been led to expect :)

The guitarist was indeed good, a bit too apparently into EVH, but as influences go, not so bad. Definitely couldn't tell he had stage fright, certainly not to the extent that he reportedly did.

The drummer is solid, good double-pedal work on a single kick kit, added a lot of presence and feel.

Definitely a heavier counterpoint to the groove of E's basswork.

The singer is good as well, confident on stage, engaging the room as much as possible without being overbearing, and he has a really good voice.

Not too shabby for a member of the Law Enforcement community. :)

The mix was even decent.

All in all, a solid set, despite (or because of?) Eric's concerns.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

E's OLP 5 string sounded great as well. Budget basses rocking the house... isn't it a different world than 10 years ago? Very tasty playing. From straight 8th notes to some upper-register flurries. Nice work.

The drummer was solid. I never before witnessed a right handed drummer who plays the hat with his left hand. Whatever, he sounded good.

The vocals were good. He was engaging and not too over the top. It's tough to be a frontman without a guitar...

I was also impressed with the talent onstage.

The guitarist was indeed into EVH, but he had handle on what Eddie was really about: great tone, rockin'-yet-clever and harmonically interesting guitar parts, and guitar leads that kick your ass yet serve the song. No two-handed tapping.

The drummer kicked butt, the singer had a great stage presence, and Ace was groovin' and bobbin' like crazy. That OLP sounds nice by the way...

I had fun. :thu:

Originally posted by greenboy:

The guitarist was indeed good, a bit too apparently into EVH
Who were the other players a bit too into? ; }
IMO, death metal, law enforcement, and hockey, respectively.

But it's too early to tell, we just met... :D

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

Go support The Bassist Formerly Known As Bastid E!

Unbelievable, I thought he'd dropped off the planet! Glad to see he was reincarnated as Ace Cracker. One day I'll get the hang of this interweb thing...

Alex

P.S. Sounds like a good gig was had by all - nice!

rumsfeld in the hzzouse! i'm in shock and awe at the responses.

thank you ben and wraub for your compliments. and a special thanks to getz without whom the show would not have happened. actually, wraub, ben and getz all contrubuted and restored my faith in humanity. you guys kick ass.

a few clarifications:

1- spencer (the guitar player) does bust out the occasional two fingered tapping, but only at rehearsals and mainly to see the look on the singers face.

2- tarek (the singer) is a member of the law enforcement community in that he is a district attorney with boogie down county. so theoretically were i to murder the douchebag who stopped dead on the major deegan expressway to read a map without pulling over i mught not have to spend 25 years being a prison bitch.

thanks again.

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Archived