Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LIVE, FROM NEW YORK, IT'S -

g.

LITTLE SISTER

by Jessica Simpson

Sez Jessica:

Well you know I'm your big sister

And I put on quite a show

I'll have a wardrobe malf for nose candy

From my handler, jim dandy

And we'll run right for the door

Little sister, dont you

Little sister, dont you

Little sister, dont you fake it once or twice

Then say its loaded dice

And then you run

Little sister, dont you

Sync like your big sister done

Evry time I see you, sister

Well, you fake somebody new

There's Milli and Vanilli, and Paula Abdul,

Hey, they're all standing next to you

Little sister, dont you

Little sister, dont you

Then say its loaded dice

And then you run

Little sister, dont you

Sync like your big sister done

Well, they used to turn their amps on

And set them to play just as they chose

But now they just need their amps on

So the stage will have that ruby glow

Little sister, dont you

Little sister, dont you

Then say its loaded dice

And then you run

Little sister, dont you sync

Don't you sync like your big sister done

Well I seen your big press conference

It was everybody else's fault, yes I know

But your rep's been a-growin

And baby, its been showin

From your head down to your toes

Little sister, dont you

Little sister, dont you

Then say its loaded dice

And then you run

Little sister, dont you sync

Don't you sync like your big sister done

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This from someone who was willing to talk about ol' Janice here in the very same forum? Topical relevance indeed. And you didn't really have a clue about the way it really was, as I recall.

Please, no sour grapes simply because I managed to scrape a ditty out of an old saw with my Piltdown mentality.

I was caught bass syncing once.

It happened during my solo bass act.

It's really hard to go out there and play those solos night after night. And once you get into the triplet and quadruplet slaps, no one can see the difference.

jason facetiouskins

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

Such a cryin' shame as well.

'Cause SNL has an incredible rep for great music...the greatest moment IMHO being the Neil Young "Rockin' In the Free World" where he pulls the Guild whammy and breaks all his strings at the end of an amazing performance.

But hey....who'd compare Ashlee to Neil?

And member 14130....great idea to maintain anonymity...use a disguise! And I like the lyrics you wrote too.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

I saw the show last night, at first i was puzzled when they cut straight to a ocmmercial break after not even a minute of the song...but then i realized what happened and i laughed, ladies and gentlemen we have a new milli vanilli.

Oh no! :o

This dumbass bassplayer has been fooled by a log-in name.

Agent Cooper, I thought you were still in Twin Peaks in the state of Washington. I didn't realize that you had moved to Montana to do undercover work on the Musicplayer forums. :D

Keep up the good work. And if you need help from Agent Skinner, let me know. ;)

Originally posted by AgentCooper:

Was only in my Halloween suit, one I thought rather obvious considering the post count.

I was nearly fooled myself, and thought that you were some unknown wanker with a 'tude coming into the forum like he owns the place.

Now I know: you're not unknown.

Regards! :thu:

unkownroadband.com - step into the unkown :-)

Originally posted by ChrisOfDoom:

Originally posted by getz76:

For those of you interested in the VIDEO

What a miserable display. Dimwitted.

That link is broken...

I just spent some time on Google, and every link I find to the thing is broken. Weird.

I was able to download it fine the first time. Everybody in the US might have been trying to download it when you tried.

Doesn't it seem that the laws of probability would have had singers and bands misjudge the song lineup at least a couple of times before now? Seems that a singer could easily just start singing the song the band was playing. I mean, start singing a song you've been "singing" for a while now, or howdown, which would you rather do on live TV? :rolleyes:

ATM

Here's a whole site dedicated to Ashlee's "performance":

http://www.lipsync.us

Funniest thing I've seen on SNL in a long time. I was watching it on the west coast, and by the time it played over here the clip had been sufficiently edited so that you don't hear the pre-recorded vocal track playing while Ashlee's got her mic down by her side. Without that, it did seem like the mess-up (starting up the same song they already performed) was her band's fault, and then she "confirmed" that by blaming them at the very end of the show - "My band played the wrong song!" Poor guys, they were the only ones who even attempted to salvage the performance. Bet they're not too happy with her right about now.

Freakin' Ashlee Simpson. As if Jessica wasn't talentless enough...

All your bass are belong to us!

I usually change the chanel on music portions of SNL so I finally saw it today...

What a total @ss blaming it on the band... If she was a real preformer (using lip sync, as deplorable as it is) she would have either went ahead with the same song again, or said something like "OOOPS!!" turned to the band and said, "Ok guys lets do this (other)song." But the inexperience of these children thrown into the limelight shows. If they had preformed together across the country in small clubs and large ones with audiences btween 3 and 30,000. They would have made it through the set and not left the stage...

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Blaming the band made sense. They're expendable. A dime a dozen. She's special.

Of course even with the above viewpoint, what the hell does the band have to do with the wrong guide track being started? Really, it's like politicians snowing the people over, hearing people buy into this crap.

Blaming the band was just insult to injury. The cause of the whole thing is that she can't do her job without a crutch. What did the band do when the wrong song came on? Exchanged quick glances, & started playing. Awkward? Hell yes. But that wasn't their fault, & they were making sure the show would go on. And so what does this dimestore diva do? Dance like an ass, & walk off. Then she blames them? In a perfect world, they would simply walk out on her now. And a gig with a real singer would be waiting for them. As it is, they'll probably have to suck it up, most of them. Pity.

The beauty of entertainment is the many outlets. Even with such a pathetic showing (in our eyes), the little girl will maintain her adoring, 13-year-old fans.

Most of those on the forum look for something more than a sub-karaoke act. I like live music in an intimate setting.

The shame is that SNL has gone from having cutting edge acts like Run-DMC and the likes to having bad lip-syncing teenagers? How does that happen? Are the demographics that bad?

Archived