Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Cardinals Win!!!

hags2k

Well, I know that there aren't many people from my neck of the woods on this forum (as evidenced by the BOSOX thread, and personal experience), but as a fourth generation Cardinals fan, I have to say that yesterday was a great day. It was also my birthday, so I'm writing a thank-you letter to the Cardinals for giving me a really great present. I mean, it's just what I wanted!

This WS is going to be some excellent baseball, I have no doubt. I'm so proud of my favorite team right now. The redbirds and the red sox... oooh....

I really didn't expect Clemens to fall apart like that last night. Not only that, but Renteria's AMAZING catch that easily prevented a double for Houston might very well have saved the game for the Cards. Now THAT is some good feilding.

Anyway, just to give the mid-America perspective a little, I must say that while we were all aware of what was going on with the Sox, we were all about the NLCS over here. Though I also have to deal with lots of CUBS fans (good guys, I'll admit), they've also been rooting for the Astros non-stop (blasphemy!) and many have expressed feelings of support for the BOSOX, not only because they want to see my beloved Cards go down, but they think that there's some sort of "curse" that both teams share. Whatever...

So, anyway, go Cards(!), I'm thrilled, and I think we're all looking forward to a great World Series!

P.S. The Sox are TOAST

unkownroadband.com - step into the unkown :-)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well being from saint louis, I must say that I can't wait to see the cards win it all this year!! while I'm glad its over (and that the cards won), that was by far one of the best NLCS's ever. hopefully the world series will be equally as exciting!

*Red Means Go*

Originally posted by sputnik 5:

well being from saint louis, I must say that I can't wait to see the cards win it all this year!! while I'm glad its over (and that the cards won), that was by far one of the best NLCS's ever. hopefully the world series will be equally as exciting!

*Red Means Go*

AMEN! :thu:
unkownroadband.com - step into the unkown :-)

Careful now. There are a few of us Astros fans in these parts.

For the record, I will be pulling for the Cardinals in the Series. the American League is sissy ball and the Red Sox are a bunch of crybabies, just like the Cubs. Plus, I happen to like the Cards, but not as much as I like the Astros.

Archived