Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My brain is melting - two heads are fewer than more...

alexclaber

Help!!!

I'm learning how to sing, I'm trying to compose an album's worth of songs out of the masses of material that have built up over the years, I'm trying to get the lyrics written for the above and the melodies sorted, and we're recording the 'backing' tracks for a couple of the songs each week, with a view to getting the tunes sorted as soon as possible. And now I'm wondering about adding other instruments to the recordings...

It's fun but it's kinda hard. Hence my quietness on the LDL front.

One thing has coalesced from what we've recorded so far - if we do add a guitarist to the band, they have to not play like one. A vintage tone loving keyboardist that's listened to too much p-funk, with jazz leanings, a love of the dark side and a fear of excess prog would be ideal.

Until we find the right person (we can certainly gig as a duo - it would just be nice to have a bit more complexity on the recordings) I wonder if we can use the power of t'interweb to have other players add their thang to our music?

Alex

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A vintage tone loving keyboardist that's listened to too much p-funk, with jazz leanings, a love of the dark side and a fear of excess prog would be ideal.
Been lookin for one of those for years - probably decades.

Think about this - there has to be a way. Theoretically (and I could well be wrong) if you convert your recording to MP3 format and send it, the recipient, using the proper software, can convert it to wave, record his piece convert it back to MP3 and send it back.

Perhaps someone with a little more savy on this front will chime in here but it should be that easy. There is a ton of shareware out there for recording and editing.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

As I read your bit, a new way to search came to mind. Along with any universities nearby (check the instrument professors obviously, but also the choral profs - they may know an accompianist), you could check with any piano teachers. Maybe they had a promising pupil some years back who might still have a feel for keys. They may have to learn how to play with a band, but you never know.

I doubt you'll get many keys guys that will sing, so keep working on it!!

Good Luck!

Tom

Is this the first "Alexism"? Songwriting is cheaper than GAS...

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I wonder if we can use the power of t'interweb to have other players add their thang to our music?

Alex, They do exactly that over in the Collaboration Corner, you might post some questions over there.

Cheers

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Archived