Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What do you call one who hates THE BASS?

TShakazBlackRoots

Originally posted by chewstermaniac:

Lug.

Pay no attention to the listeners behind the curtain. the clip wasn't that bad, just sounded rushed and a little sloppy. If you thing that nobody else has ever made a bad track think again!

We just don't play them for anybody ;)

I must not be making myself clear. I AM the worst bassist in the world. My grasp of nontheory is only rivaled with my sense of beatlessness and atonality. Sure, you could find a few notes in the correct key an maybe one or two on beat, but I assure you, that was strickly accidental or the result of random entropy that exists in the universe. NONE CAN DEFEAT ME IN THE BATTLE FOR THE CROWN OF SUCK! :mad:

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Will-Bass:

What do you call someone who hates the Bass?
The White Stripes
:):):)

Seriously, why WOULD you need a bass when there are perfectly good octave pedals on the market?

(make no mistake, I still love the White Stripes)

unkownroadband.com - step into the unkown :-)

When left with nothing else to take pride in, take pride in the fact that you have the least of anyone to take pride in.

Thank you, Lug. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

PS - I liked your MP3... and I like DEVO, dammit!

unkownroadband.com - step into the unkown :-)

Originally posted by lug:

NONE CAN DEFEAT ME IN THE BATTLE FOR THE CROWN OF SUCK! :mad:

Sorry to disappoint you, Lug. The stuff wasn't bad. It's loose as hell, and yes, some of it may have been clams, but it would have sounded far less interesting if you were metronomic.

Vocals, man, I want to hear lyrics with these grooves. :D

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by Plan 09 from Outer Space:

NONE CAN DEFEAT ME IN THE BATTLE FOR THE CROWN OF SUCK! :mad:

Sorry to disappoint you, Lug. The stuff wasn't bad. It's loose as hell, and yes, some of it may have been clams, but it would have sounded far less interesting if you were metronomic.

Vocals, man, I want to hear lyrics with these grooves. :D

I have worse......much much worse. I'm just taking it easy on you people. But to deny me my birthright is a slap in the face. None can, or ever will suck as bad as I. I take Suck to a whole new level. I elevate Suck to an artform. I take Suck to the logical conclusion of anarchy! I have spent my life taking the low road to the quagmire of horrid music. Many have tried to play worse than me....all have failed.

Originally posted by butcherNburn:

Lug- I never even got to really listen to the bass. The noise on top was too distracting. At least you had the gumption to put it out there.

Thanks! :D

[QBI have worse......much much worse. I'm just taking it easy on you people. But to deny me my birthright is a slap in the face. None can, or ever will suck as bad as I. I take Suck to a whole new level. I elevate Suck to an artform. I take Suck to the logical conclusion of anarchy! I have spent my life taking the low road to the quagmire of horrid music. Many have tried to play worse than me....all have failed.[/QB]

Man if I didn't know this was about your ability as a bass player, I'd swear I was on the Queer As Folk forum :D

Anyway, I would like to rival your suckiness one day ... Actually liked what you posted, so I guess I have even worse taste than you :D Got a head start there :D

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Originally posted by butcherNburn:

Lug- I never even got to really listen to the bass. The noise on top was too distracting. At least you had the gumption to put it out there.

Thanks! :D
That was actually a non-negative review of your bass playing. Someday I hope to get one too...

I suck, but I love to play.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

I remember once in my maths class we were doing logarithms, except the lecturer's writing was dodgy and it looked like lugarithms. I laughed inwardly but deep down I knew that such a thing was a contradiction in terms - FreestyleIntruder
Holy crap. Can the "post of the day" award be given out to a post on another board? This ruled.
Ah, nice marmot.

lug.....all i can say is......you win the ultimate SUCKY CHEESE award for posting the worst and cheesiest song that has ever entered my ear canal.

(actually wasnt that bad, but very cheesy, super cheese, like really old blue cheese brought into the future.)

Bass haters= Emo guitarists

peace

Hey TSBR!! Great to hear from you again! I hope that all is well with you.

In answer to your topic: Nothing! In fact I would never call them at all! :D

Take care man! :wave:

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Originally posted by PickPunk:

lug.....all i can say is......you win the ultimate SUCKY CHEESE award for posting the worst and cheesiest song that has ever entered my ear canal.

(actually wasnt that bad, but very cheesy, super cheese, like really old blue cheese brought into the future.)

Bass haters= Emo guitarists

peace

FINALLY! Someone who UNDERSTNADS MY WORK! I have songs about popcorn. I have songs about chipmonks who are funky. I have songs about martians. I have songs about canadian beer. IF IT IS BAD.....I HAVE RECORDED IT!

Lug,

I thought the "Hunt For Martians" thing was kind of groovy! As much as you'd like to suck above all others, you're not even close. :)

Kirk

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

Originally posted by kad:

Lug,

I thought the "Hunt For Martians" thing was kind of groovy! As much as you'd like to suck above all others, you're not even close. :)

Kirk

:eek:

How did you find it?!?!?! Are you spying on me!?!?!?!?! Are you having me followed?!?!?!?

........runs and puts on.......

http://users3.ev1.net/~woodd/foilhat.jpg

[QB:eek:

How did you find it?!?!?! Are you spying on me!?!?!?!?! Are you having me followed?!?!?!?

http://users3.ev1.net/~woodd/foilhat.jpg[/QB]

If you think my operatives can't get through that silly foil helmet, you're.....er.... what I meant to say was that gets76 posted a link to the Martians tune earlier in the thread.... :P
Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

Originally posted by kad:

[QB:eek:

http://users3.ev1.net/~woodd/foilhat.jpg

If you think my operatives can't get through that silly foil helmet, you're.....er.... what I meant to say was that gets76 posted a link to the Martians tune earlier in the thread.... :P [/QB]
How odd, seeing that I didn't post that particular mp3 on this board. (checks back of head for large plug). I'm taking the red pill!

Hey, I liked it!

As wise as you are Lug, I believe I have you beat. I put the "uck" in suck.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Originally posted by punkin' patch-ulator:

Hey, I liked it!

As wise as you are Lug, I believe I have you beat. I put the "uck" in suck.

Have me beat? As the King of Suck? Hardly.

Perhaps you will see the error of your ways in your attempt to usurp my crown when you here the many reasons the crown is earned, not just taken. During my younger years as a wannabe bass player, I traveled far and wide. During these younger years of discovery, I have seen the effects my playing has had on multitudes of listeners. I have had patrons of establishments I have played at shove ice picks into their ears rather than to listen to my pluckings. I have seen musicians pluck out their own eyes rather than view my technique. I have seen scholars cut out their own tongues rather than to repeat in descpition the poorness of my playing. I've seen peasants slice off their own noses as to not smell the results of my unintentional brown notes. Through a lifetime of torturing others with my playing throughout this otherwise beautiful land, I have been lofted up on high and proclaimed King of all those who would suck. Many challenges I have faced in my younger days. Fingerless people, armless people, earless people, corpses, yes and even trees falling alone, in the woods, but none have ever defeated me in pure atonality, beatlessness, grasp of nontheory, or poor execution, and none ever will. I know my crown is a thing to desire, but it is also a thing that must be earned.

Originally posted by getz76:

How odd, seeing that I didn't post that particular mp3 on this board. (checks back of head for large plug). I'm taking the red pill!

My Google skills are plentiful.
I bow to your l33t skilz. :eek:

Perhaps you will see the error of your ways in your attempt to usurp my crown when you here the many reasons the crown is earned, not just taken. During my younger years as a wannabe bass player, I traveled far and wide. During these younger years of discovery, I have seen the effects my playing has had on multitudes of listeners. I have had patrons of establishments I have played at shove ice picks into their ears rather than to listen to my pluckings. I have seen musicians pluck out their own eyes rather than view my technique. I have seen scholars cut out their own tongues rather than to repeat in descpition the poorness of my playing. I've seen peasants slice off their own noses as to not smell the results of my unintentional brown notes. Through a lifetime of torturing others with my playing throughout this otherwise beautiful land, I have been lofted up on high and proclaimed King of all those who would suck. Many challenges I have faced in my younger days. Fingerless people, armless people, earless people, corpses, yes and even trees falling alone, in the woods, but none have ever defeated me in pure atonality, beatlessness, grasp of nontheory, or poor execution, and none ever will. I know my crown is a thing to desire, but it is also a thing that must be earned.

LOL!!! Okay, okay! You win! The suckosity with which I suck is no match to the enormity of your suckiness. I bow to you, your highness and realize that I am but a peasant in your immense suckdom.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Originally posted by punkin' patch-ulator:

LOL!!! Okay, okay! You win! The suckosity with which I suck is no match to the enormity of your suckiness. I bow to you, your highness and realize that I am but a peasant in your immense suckdom.
Thank you. For your cooperation in this matter I hereby promote you to Duke....Duke of Suck. Wear the title with pride.

my wife has a friend, he is a homosexual yuppie who works for a bank. He is an "Abba" fan. He adviced her when listening to music, to fully turn the "bass" know down :eek: . I have nothing against homosexuals, I don't like yuppies however, but that was the most stupid remark I have heard in my entire life. Find out a name to fit him and that may be the answer... :thu:

"If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn"

Charlie Parker

Archived