Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - BOSOX win!!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm upset with 2 things:

1. They changed pitchers when they didn't have to.

2. The pither who lost threw that same slider 3 times...it was obvious that the guy was waiting for that pitch as a strike again.

jason

yanks in 5

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

Once again... Torre went to Mariano Rivera too early in game 4.

You think he would refer back to game 7 vs the D Backs when he did the same thing a blew the series???

Great baseball.... Ortiz is killin the Yanks!!

www.danielprine.com

I'm not confident that Schilling is okay. If he is...I think there's a good chance (though not a certainty) that we'll see a Game 7, and then who knows?

But if he's not okay, he's going to get rocked early, and I don't see how Boston can win from there.

ahh... yanks bringing the series back home only means that i'll be able to riot peacefully in boston in peace when they win.

and we all know that there is nothing better than a peaceful riot.

If the yanks won in 4 or 5, i'd have to riot in the midst of angry fans leaving fenway and walking back to theri cars and stuff.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

Originally posted by 73 Tokai:

At 8:00 PM I told My wife "It's the 8th, it'll be over soon". :D

HAHAHA

Man, that was a SWEET game. Oofa.

That Ortiz fella, he's a real Yankee-killer - I'm glad the kid pitchin didn't give up a homer, at least it was just a base hit but still, - that 'in guy Ortiz...

"The world will still be turning when you've gone." - Black Sabbath

Band site: www.finespunmusic.com

How about those bass players???? :rolleyes:

Just kidding. I'm not even a baseball fan, but when the games go that long I have to see how they turn out. I usually tune in at about the tenth inning and catch the end. :D

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

Originally posted by SteveC:

Forget start times. How about a "play clock" to keep the damn things moving. I am not a baseball fan. It hate the pace of the game. Let's pick up the pace a little bit.

Remember The Simpsons episode where Homer quits beer? He goes to a baseball game sober, and exclaims "I never realized before how boring baseball is."

There's a reason they serve beer there.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Originally posted by wredwrum wraub:

Remember The Simpsons episode where Homer quits beer? He goes to a baseball game sober, and exclaims "I never realized before how boring baseball is."

There's a reason they serve beer there.

Unfortunatly they stop selling it at the 7th inning. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm a Yankees fan. :thu: I'm glad the Sox won the last 2, it keeps things interesting. I swore off bassball for a long time. That was until I did 3 years of Fantasy Football at work. That killed me, it'll be a few more before I can watch more than 3-5 games a year.

Bassball- Yes, they should find a way to speed things up. I also think they should play in the rain, unless there is lightning. We did it as kids, why not them. It could only make things more interesting.

Football - Play the superbowl in the stadium with the team's winning record. If it's in Green Bay in January, so be it. Yep speed that up too. However, I DO like turning on Closed Captioning and playing while I watch.

Red Sox - There is no curse, get over it! If they won the World Series, Boston fans would celebrate for 2 weeks straight, and then wouldn't know what to do with themselves. Also, I wouldn't actually call it a rivalry. Yes, Sox fans hate the Yanks but, for the most part, unless it's a reaction to a Sox fan, the Yankees fan doesn't care too much about it.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

I find great amusement in the rabid baseball fan. The rivalry between The Sox and The Yanks is taken very seriously on the east coast. In 2002 I was getting on a bus in Boston and the driver askes, "Are you a yankees fan?" I had no idea there was a series going on. I looked around and all the other passengers are staring, waiting for a reply so I say "Ummmm . . .no?" and he says "Okay then, welcome aboard." Had I answered otherwise, I'm sure I would have been waiting for the next bus. Rabid.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

I am not a baseball fan. I hate the pace of the game. Let's pick up the pace a little bit.

Are you familiar with the concept of Test Cricket? Once you've figured in the tea breaks a typical match does an excellent job of bridging the gap between Spring and Autumn (that's Fall in your language).

Alex

i'm fully convinced that the 4+ hour games are a product of fox. even the rediculous steve trachsel games and blowouts averaged around 3 hours during the regular season.

whatever happened to baseball being for kids? bring back the post season day game! tear the lights outta wrigley!!!

Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Forget start times. How about a "play clock" to keep the damn things moving. I am not a baseball fan. It hate the pace of the game. Let's pick up the pace a little bit.

Baseball is an archetype for life itself. "It ain't over 'til it's over." For fast pace there's hockey and basketball. For a Zen-like experience that's more akin to chess, baseball.

GO SOX!!!

Another one in the books?

Oh will the drama ever end??????????? :freak:

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

No one has ever forced a game 7 after being down 3-0, so the BoSox already have something to be proud of. Tomorrow night's game proves to be one of legendary status, regardless of the outcome. I am a sucker for good beisbol. This series has turned into really good beisbol.

Archived