Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Video Clip of My Band

Edendude

I finally got around to compressing a short clip of the footage that was shot as a promo for our blues band 'MOJO' on the local six o'clock news.

It's a Real Player file. Keep in mind it was produced with just one hand-held overhead mic and a single line off the vocals.

It's a 30 second clip of us playing one of our favorite B.B. King songs. (Ain't Nobody Home)

Lemme know what you think...

http://www.nova4x4.com/uploads/101704/mojobeatANHprocessed.rm

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry...

I only had the Real Player 'save as' option, as far as commonly used file types go, in my old version of Sound Forge. I know...I'm so old school!

But you can download a Real Player for free online. Takes about two minutes, and it's good to have on your PC anyhow.

Here's where to download a free player...

http://www.real.com/

Originally posted by Edendude:

Sorry...

I only had the Real Player 'save as' option, as far as commonly used file types go, in my old version of Sound Forge. I know...I'm so old school!

But you can download a Real Player for free online. Takes about two minutes, and it's good to have on your PC anyhow.

Yo, LDL'lers!

Here is the link for the free Real player.. Real player

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Ghoulish forceman: Cool! Not enough Edendude on camera tho.. :cry:
Or in the mix for that matter. Maybe if I piped it into my main system. But I had to turn up the "multimedia subwoofer" to really get a sense of the lower end including much of the drum set. Probably a product of the recording method/system.

Yes...That's True Greenboy...

It was produced for a short TV promo on the local news channel, and with just an over head mic and a line off the vocals to capture the audio. But considering the way the proximity effect diminishes bass, I was surprised my bass was audible at all. No real definition at all, but it's there, at least, on my Cambridge Soundworks PC subwoofer. I offered the sound tech at the shoot the option of taking a balanced line off the front of my GK 1001RB, but unfortunately he didn't take me up on it.

I actually thought about layering the bass part over through my Mackie and Eden WT300, to get the bass on that clip sounding like it should. It would be cheating for sure, but it might turn that clip into a much more impressive promo clip.

Ah, Edendude, that's no0 more cheating than any other recording technique is. It's all artifice and illusion... One ends up with the same type of mix when using a fixed-position camcorder with its built-in mic unless it is set up nearest to the bass. As a result it always helps to have something a little more substantial when wanting a decent cheapie band demo reel for the promo pack. Good cheating is GOOD : }

way to go edendude. It's weird to really see LDLDers in real life. I expected you to have on a flight get up of sorts...but that is b/c i'm an idiot.

Speaking of avatars...

just realized that someone out there (DWBass) has my avatar...or better said...i have someone else's avatar(june2004 vs jan 2002) looks like gospel5 has to make a change.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

Originally posted by Gospel StreisandInConcert string:

way to go edendude. It's weird to really see LDLDers in real life. I expected you to have on a flight get up of sorts...but that is b/c i'm an idiot.

Speaking of avatars...

just realized that someone out there (DWBass) has my avatar...or better said...i have someone else's avatar(june2004 vs jan 2002) looks like gospel5 has to make a change.

jason

Just don't take mine... :D

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Sorry...

Here's where to download a free player...

http://www.real.com/

That's fair enough ;) I just wondered if you had any other formats handy.

Anyway - downloaded real player and checked out your vid. Cool stuff Edendude!

Not enough Bass footage in it though :thu:

Not enough Edendude?! Yikes!

Okay you asked for it...

Here's a 'tight shot' clip of the bass player from the same six o'clock news shoot. This one's a different song. It's a laid back original song, and you can hear the bass a bit better, because those damn guitarists aren't makin' so much friggin' noise out front.

http://www.nova4x4.com/uploads/101804/basscloseup.rm

Works for me. It's always good to see one of the ldld family doing his/her thing. Thanks for the video.

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

Not enough Edendude?! Yikes!

Okay you asked for it...

Here's a 'tight shot' clip of the bass player from the same six o'clock news shoot. This one's a different song. It's a laid back original song, and you can hear the bass a bit better, because those damn guitarists aren't makin' so much friggin' noise out front.

http://www.nova4x4.com/uploads/101804/basscloseup.rm

Great work Edendude! That's much better :thu:

Sounds and looks great ;)

Archived