Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Detroit Bass Fest

Mike Dimin

Well, we are one week away from the first Detroit Bass Fest. The festivities start off on Saturday, October 23rd with in-store workshops presented my Norm Stockton (sponsored my MTD) and myself (sponsored by MTD and Thomastik Infeld)at Low Down Sound. My workshop is at 6:00 and Norm's is at 7:00. Then on Sunday, October 24th at the Tenny Street Roadhouse in Dearborn, MI there will be clinics and performances by:

Jauqo III-X Clinic sponsored by Ashdown

Jaquo III-X & India Omega Dawn

Jon Reshard

Michael Dimin

Steve Lawson

Norm Stockton

Freekbass

Matthew Garrison

and of course the obligitory all star jam.

The amazing thing is that advance tix are only $15.00

Check out more info at www.detroitbassfest.com

Mike Dimin

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great line-up. I encourage anyone who can go to attend this event. These kind of bass-centric gatherings are good for the soul, even if not so good for the wallet.

Maybe, Mike, you'll make it down to NYC or northern NJ one of these days and we can connect. Not sure if/when I'd be up Albany-way anytime soon.

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by Mike Dimin:

I am always looking for cool venues, if you know anywhere down there that would be cool with an eve of solo bass, by all means, let me know

I just might look into this. I'll let you know.

As far as the "not so good for the wallet" -- it's less about the price of admission and more about the dangers of impulse buys!

BTW, your friend Mike Tobias was at Bass Player Live. Nice guy, really. Puts out a great product as well.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

What a great few months. First Bassquake, then BP live and now, this weekend, the Detroit Bass Fest. Clinics on Saturday night at Low Down Sound and then the big hang on Sunday night.

I am hoping to take in the Motown Museum on Saturday afternoon. Detroit is like my own personal Mecca

Mike

Bummer guys. I can't make it now. I wanted to meet you guys, but incompetence and snafu's at work is now forcing me to fly to Shreveport, LA on Sunday at 3:00. I was planning on watching Lions surprise everybody and beat the Giants then go to the show, now I'm gonna be stuck in a small little town in Lousiana for a whole week. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Together all sing their different songs in union - the Uni-verse.

My Current Project

Originally posted by Frankenbroni:

Bummer guys. I can't make it now. I wanted to meet you guys, but incompetence and snafu's at work is now forcing me to fly to Shreveport, LA on Sunday at 3:00. I was planning on watching Lions surprise everybody and beat the Giants then go to the show, now I'm gonna be stuck in a small little town in Lousiana for a whole week. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

There is always the 2 clinics on Saturday night by myself and Norm Stockton - starting at 6:00 pm. Then a few of us will be going out for a late dinner.

Mike

Archived