Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Used svt cab

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any idea as to its age? I have pretty much only seen factory SVTs covered in Tolex.

I have played through a refrigerator many times.

Too big and heavy for most club gigs, much better with a roadie and a real stage.

They do sorta look cool, in an imposing kind of way, but that is in my past.

What's the price?

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

I am, by no means, and Ampeg historian, but I don't recall seeing carpet on any SVT anything. They carpet the B-series enclosures, but always in black.

However, I currently own an Acoustic cab that has a school's name spray painted onto the vinyl... I can appreciate the idea that someone re-covered the cab in Home Depot carpet at $4.00/yard instead of Tolex at $14.00/yard.

- Matt W.

Christo on cellophane crutches - look closely and supply some details. The nebulous nature of the starter post here makes long distance amp tech diagnosis look like exacting work ; }

It's entiely possible that the cab wood stucture was never part of an SVT, the covering came out of the trunk of a 67 Olds, and half the speakers out of 1982 Sylvania entertainment center backstock, the others the cheapest Pyle Drivers meant for guitar use only.

Gotta supply some details before more faulty analysis can be supplied ; }

This JUST IN -

API NEWS WIRE, 12 October 2004, DETROIT

A spate of break and entries in suburban Detroit has police detectives - and housewives - stymied. At multiple locations bad indoor outdoor carpeting has been ripped from patios and spare bedrooms, and kitchens divested of cheap cabintery and countertops.

"There's no acocunting for taste," an unidenfified spokeperson from the DPD exclaimed while shaking his or her head. "These B&E artists could have taken anything - the residences were WIDE OPEN. But all they did was grab the afore-ementioned goods, leaving a string of Tortex picks leading to the front curb. It's odd."

Now that I've donned the Bausch and Lomb Ultraspec 2304X goggles, built a tachyon tunneling projector, and located all the major pawn shops in a 200 -square block are thanks to my tie in with telemetry satellites and my GPS I bought in Walmart, I've determined that the speaker cab right next to the yellowed/browned Samsung microwave contains Eminence drivers that are suitable for retrofit, but are not OEM.

GB - I don't dare speak for anyone else, but you are entertaining me. :)

While you were spying on Detroit through your mighty transmogrifier, I wandered down the wwweb and reviewed Pyle's pile of stuff. That's some scary cheap stuff. Scary cheap!

- Matt W.

Yeah, Pyle is scary something. They might make some good products, but the only ones I've seen have been destined for the bargain basement. They usually are sitting in some gear that's pretty scary in its own right.

As for entertainment value: what else to wile the time away while searching for speed-of-operation advancements in digital cameras since I last researched half a year ago. Everybody wants to up the megapixels per greenback, but how 'bout punchin' up that bandwidth so it can compete with the fastest autowinder, and boot up quicker than an aircraft carrier running WinNT?

EDIT: most of the companies and faux reviewers (wweb shills/fronts for the industry) seem to industiously ignore mention of such things as flash recycle time, write-to-card time, autofocus seek time, etc. A^@^@^^es! - as Mixerman might say! ...Fortunately a couple less "compromised" sites have a bit of REAL info.

Archived