Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Quitting Band... how do you break the news?

viejid

I finally realized that i need to quit my band... Does anyone have any idea on what's the best way of breakig the news to them? We've been playing together for like a year and a half, and i dont think this band is going the same direction i want to go, and i dont think that is going to change.... is that a good enough quitting line?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've been with this band for a year and a half, so I'm assuming you're all friends by now.

Be honest. If you and they are going in different directions it won't work in the long run anyway and problems are going to arise. Better to leave and let them find someone more appropriate to their musical direction, and you can find what you want.

If you're gigging regularly, you should offer to stay on until they can get a replacement broken in, anything less would be unprofessional... set a time limit tho.... 2-3 weeks should be more than reasonable.

The main thing is to try and keep it from getting personal.... it would be a shame to trash friendships over a band.

Best of luck...

Raven nailed it. By all means, stay professional. Where I come from you don't burn musical bridges - the community is just too small and word gets around fast.

But also, where I come from, we are just as likely to say "You guys suck and you make me suck. I quit." :D

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

I had several smarty responses, but after reading Raven's post I just can't bring myself to share them. :( Great advice, Raven :thu:

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

Originally posted by SteveC:

I believe the quote is:

"Screw you guys, I'm goin' home."

or the abreviated version

"Screw, home."

I watch way too much SP. :P

That was my original thought :)

Thanks for the input people...

Archived