Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Just got back from a Joe Satriani concert

ATM

Hey folks,

Just got back and uploaded some photos. I'm afraid I just had my cheap digital instead of my good Nikon. Threw together an equally cheap web page, but you get the idea.

http://www.musburger.net/JoeSatriani/JoeMatt.jpg

Fantastic three hours. Matt Bissonette played some great lowdown, to say nothing of Joe's playing. I was in the third row from the front and smack in the middle. The bass just pounded through. Excellent show. Hope I'll be able to hear by tomorrow night when I go to work.

Funny how, instead of lighters, people now hold up picture cell phones. Sign of the times, I 'spose.

ATM

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Funny how, instead of lighters, people now hold up picture cell phones.
That's it!! We've finally gone to hell!!

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

I just bought G3 2000 and G3 2003 but haven't been able to watch them yet because my TV has been monopolized by roommates playing the new X-Men: Legends on Playstation. I think I'm going to have to put my foot down tonight, though. After all, it's my TV, my sound system, and my condo. :) I also have Satriani Live in San Francisco and Stu Hamm is great on it. Not as great as Billy Sheehan on Steve Vai Live at the Astoria, but that's just my opinion.

Eric Johnson is playing in a club nearby tonight, but he's only doing acoustic guitar and piano so I probably won't go (couldn't find a date, don't like going alone).

It's great to be able to see monster bass players getting to express themselves and make use of their chops (and probably make good money) playing with excellent guitarists. I'd love to go see Joe Satriani, but it looks like the closest he's coming is Vegas, and I'll probably actually be in Texas on that day. Oh well. :/

Archived