Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I finally did it

JanJ

Here in my town, there is a weekly jam session at a local club. Most of the big jazz and blues musicians attend. I've been there myself a couple of times, but haven't really had the cojones to step up and jam with them (nervous about f*****g up). But last night, I finally did it, and it went great! I was soloing and all :) Plus, it gave me an oppurtunity to play an originl fender jazz *drool* that my teacher owns (he was in the house band last night)

I feel so motivated to become as good as I can!

My gear:

Ibanez SR3005ESOL

Korg DTR-2000

Mesa/Boogie Basis M-2000 (For sale)

Mesa/Boogie Powerhouse 1000 (For sale)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still get nervous sometimes about getting up to jam. If I can read the house band's attitude (and see their skill), I can tell how the experience will go. I'll get up anyway (I have no scruples about it), but I will be more or less relaxed depending on how the "feel" is. I don't worry about the skill of the house bassist (in your case it was your teacher), because I'm not thinking about it like a challenge.

Glad to see you got up !!! Keep going !!!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Yes indeed, Rock On!

I also still get nervous about gigs and have been fortunate enough to jam with some of my personal heros without blowing out the bum.

You just have to! You can't let those "If only I would have" points pile up or you go to a hell where you are an inch away from the most beautiful bass you could never afford while your guitar heros are encouraging you to play.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Archived