Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Religion and Music from Tim Skelly Cason

Tim Skelly Cason

UPDATE:

Sorry this message was not clear, it's a song I wrote a few years ago... Go here to listen:

http://crippleneedcane.com/GiveItUp.mp3

Then let me know what you think.

Thanks.

I was wondering when you would see eye to eye with me, and accept the fact that I am not trying to put you down.

Can you imagine for a moment that there's nothing when you die? Or would it crush you to realize all they taught you was a lie...

Is there anything more frightening than listening to someone muttering the stuttering confusions gone awry? Telling lies to your eyes thinking they are truly wise, hypnotizing captivating you.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ummmm.....Frank Zappa wanderin' back?

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

humina, humina, errrrrrrrrrrr, huh?

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

It might be a good idea to label off topic posts as such. Then again, I dont think there really is a topic in your post, mang.

Another thing to keep in mind in this forum is that most people here, while passionate about their creed and politics, try to refrain from imposing on, or, in your case, confusing fellow forum members.

Just an idea.

p.s. your poetry has good structure, but though cryptic musings (read: jim morrison) have their appeal, it usually wears off after adolescence.

James Fitzgerald

Platinum Member,

Human Race

"I dont buy toys. I buy tools."

Originally posted by bassopotamus:

Another thing to keep in mind in this forum is that most people here, while passionate about their creed and politics, try to refrain from imposing on, or, in your case, confusing fellow forum members.

I agree and blame G.W. Bush and the Pope for all this confusion.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Is there anything more frightening than listening to someone muttering the stuttering confusions gone awry? B]

I think this sums up how we feel about your post... whats the point of it anyway??

Clue us in please...thanks...

What type of bass do you play anyway??

www.danielprine.com

So far the Skelly Scoreboard reads:

7 total posts

3 topics started (all which include "Skelly")

- 1 "check out my forum"

- 1 "check me out at this trade show"

- 1 "check out my music and lyrics"

and an impressive 4 out of 6 replies to your own thread.

Ah, nice marmot.

I was a little hesitant about replying to this post at all until hearing what my fellow lowdowners had to say. Now I feel my initial asessment was accurate and can honestly say -

Get over yourself dude.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Wow, tough crowd.

Okay, I get your point. I just found this forum and dig it. Been playin' bass for 25 years... literally. I just might have some experience and something to add... just a though, but perhaps you're right and I have nothing to add. Maybe I'm just an idiot who builds his own crummy basses and makes bad music.

Maybe.

Originally posted by Tim Skelly Cason:

Wow, tough crowd.

Okay, I get your point. I just found this forum and dig it. Been playin' bass for 25 years... literally. I just might have some experience and something to add... just a though, but perhaps you're right and I have nothing to add. Maybe I'm just an idiot who builds his own crummy basses and makes bad music.

Maybe.

Tim, this is a logical fallacy. No one is saying that you have nothing to add and are an idiot. But that doesn't mean the nature of your posts is okay with everyone here. What people are saying is that your first posts have been spammy and self-directed (see Scoot's post). If you have a ton of experience and something to add, then add it! Post in the other threads, and if you have something you want to talk about (other than "listen to my music" or "join my discussion group") then start a new thread. The problem is, when your first few posts are all about you, we're not sure if you're going to be a contibuting member of the forum or not. So prove that you are, then you'll find people here are more than happy to listen to the OCCASIONAL bit of self-spam.

You are going through a ritual as old as time here in the Low Down Lowdown. You will either survive and be better for it, or you will leave. Do or do not. There is no try.

Yeah dude, if you lurked here for a moment, you'd realize we eat newyuns for dinna... when they make selfish, repetitive, or stupid (yes, there are stupid topics... and probably stupid replies too).

It's the way of the forum. Most people have been through it, and some of them kept with it and are highly valued members. I can think of atleast a dozen off the bat, though I don't want to say their names.

So chill bro, add some of that noggin wisdom to the fold, and prosper.

By the way, I dig Count Dakula and Herman Tedster. If only I could figure that dumb avatar thing out...

P.S. hope no one take sthe blatant terms harshly.

In Skynyrd We Trust

And don't go getting all defensive. Just check your ego at the door. I suspect that no matter how good you are you can still learn something here. BTW, welcome to the low down. I myself expect to be venting over on the political forum until after the so-called election.

www.ethertonswitch.com

Tim ...There is lots of luv here as well..

its a great place to be... :wave:

Read through some of the threads and you will see for yourself....

We look forward to future posts from you... and you will see for yourself how the newbies and regulars are handled......

you are right it can be a very tough crowd but most of the time they are correct..

and the moderators do a great job

Just dont piss off JeremyC or Greenboy... :P

www.danielprine.com

Originally posted by 57pbass:

Tim ...There is lots of luv here as well..

I agree. So much so that I advise you to not pick up the soap whilst posting here. :D

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Originally posted by Adamixoye:

And by "Greenboy" 57pbass means the dude with no name.

Well... he does have a name but you just cant see it .. :confused:

but sometimes you can.. :confused:

Lately though I think he has been listening to too much Prince ... :cool:

and has resorted to Symbols..

But his posts rock ... :thu:

www.danielprine.com

Originally posted by justinruins:

Originally posted by BenLoy:

I must be going to hell.

see ya there. we'll jam sometime!
The house band there is awesome, Hendrix on guitar, John Bonham on drums, Jaco on bass, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison handle the vocals, Charlie Parker is on sax and Miles Davis is on trumpet.

Originally posted by Tim Skelly Cason:

UPDATE:

Sorry this message was not clear, it's a song I wrote a few years ago... Go here to listen:

http://crippleneedcane.com/GiveItUp.mp3

Then let me know what you think.

Thanks.

I was wondering when you would see eye to eye with me, and accept the fact that I am not trying to put you down.

Can you imagine for a moment that there's nothing when you die? Or would it crush you to realize all they taught you was a lie...

Is there anything more frightening than listening to someone muttering the stuttering confusions gone awry? Telling lies to your eyes thinking they are truly wise, hypnotizing captivating you.

Hi TSC! I gave it a listen, about 1:45 worth. Most industry A&R people look for a hook or something different within the first 90 seconds, so I spent twice as much time on it as one of those people would've. And it's a freebie...

Bottom line is I've heard it before (I live in Northern NJ, the home of enraged garage bands) and of I could drink about 12 oz. of good tequila I'd dance to it or go out and break something. But I just don't have the requisite angst or anger for this at 11:40am Eastern Daylight Time for it.

Keep writing and don't quit your day job just yet!

:wave:

Archived