Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Finally have a band

Kooky Mogessi

For the last 2 years my guitarist friend and i have been looking for a competent drummer we get along with both personally and musically to no avail, although we really only looked within our high school. Senior year comes around and we get a new kid who is exactly like us, personally a musically. better yet, he's a drummer. Therefore we finally have a band.

we've gotten together twice in the last week for about 2 hours each time and we have the workings of about 4 songs. Thing is none of them sound alike, not even the same genre. We have a jazzy jam, a blues song called little red rooster, a heavy metal cover of "in the hall of the mountain king" and we just kind of started a surf-ish sounding one.

its just like our musical tastes, bit of everything. over time i'm sure we'll settle into one genre but for now, this KICKS ASS!!

"Cliff Burton (the "Major rager of the 4-string mother f***er", from Metallica)" Direct quote from Wikipedia (censored out of respect for the forum)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Kooky! That is great news :thu:

It sounds like your band is not only going to be entertaining, but also fun for you guys!

I hope you have a long, sucessful relationship.

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Congrats.

New bands are cool

New bands you get along with are cooler.

New bands you get along with and play good music with are the coolest. :thu:

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

I'm jealous :D Quit mine a few days ago (thread somewhere on this forum if you're interested) and am now (passively) looking for a new one. I am thinking of just sticking to loads of practice for about 6 months and then starting a group from scratch, to MY satisfaction.

Bass players make excellent band leaders :thu: Well, here's hopin' I will anyway :D

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Sounds kkkkkkkkkkkkkoooooooooooool! I love the music that results from people who are aware of many genres and musical influences. Keep your stick on the ice... we're all pullin' for you!*

*suspenders not included, duct tape void where prohibited by law

Archived