Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

shameless birthday post

saxofunk

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Birthday!!

Did you get the card/present I sent last week?

"Gifts are only being accepted from today through the end of time..." :eek:

...If so - send it back, I'll try to be more "timeframe" accurate next year. ;)

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Originally by Chris o'Doom:

...permission to buy...

That's mighty generous of you!

Wow, permission, what can I get with a pocket full of permission? :)

by maury:

Let us know how the day treats you.

So far, so good. The one bummer is that I am at work - generally I take my B-day off as a gift to myself. This year my employer decided to use my birthday as the date to switch from Oracle to SAP. Everyone has to be here to watch the computers for smoke... er... something.

32? Old fart.
Yeah, like 28 plus 2 kids!

by butcherNburn:

I just got your gift back. My mailman doesn't have a GPS.

I'm sure your mailman has a birthday too, a GPS seems like an appropriate gift idea. Unless, of course, he's carrying those nasty papers that ask for money for frivolous causes, like the electric company and trash pickup. ;)

- Matt W.

I figure if somebody just be givin' permission they 'least could up the ante a little ; } :

http://bassnw.com/Special%20Order%20Basses/Images/Dingwall/Dingwall%20Voodoo%20Prima%206%20st%20BM%20Close.jpghttp://bassnw.com/Special%20Order%20Basses/Images/Dingwall/Dingwall%20Voodoo%20Prima%206%20st%20BM%20HS.jpg

http://bassnw.com/Special%20Order%20Basses/Images/Dingwall/Dingwall%20Voodo%20Prima%206%20st%20Blue%20HS.jpghttp://bassnw.com/Special%20Order%20Basses/Images/Dingwall/Dingwall%20Voodo%20Prima%206%20st%20Blue%20Close.jpg

Sheesh, green one, you trying to wake up Jeremy with that last pic?

Bartender- Dingwalls for everybody!!

(Oh, and 2 Dingwalls for Matt W! It's like

his birthday, or sum'pin'!

Have a happy, Matt!

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Well, Nicklab - happy belated one to you!

And Butcher - on second thought, if you're not into giving birthday gifts to the mailman, send him to Springfield, MO. Have him ask Bill Conklin for directions to Tulsa and pick up the gift Bill has waiting for me... If Bill hasn't prepared my particular gift yet, then any 4 string he has hanging around will do (sidwewinder body, birdseye maple fretboard preferred).

GB, not to dis a beautiful fish, but I'm not into 6's right now. However, the EA rig in the background would look very nice behind my Toby!

- Matt W.

Originally posted by   :

Get a Dingwall, Chris. You have my permission.

Those fanned frets would take some serious getting used to, but if I could get some of your money as well as your permission, I would give it a try.

Maybe I'll go up there this weekend and try it out.

I had only spent a couple years owning a bass and a bass rig when I first tried a fanned neck. I had small hands and I wasn't known for my flight hours back then. Nevertheless, it was an easy fit. Most (all?) people who've tried them seem amazed and surprised.

by butcherNburn:

I just got your gift back. My mailman doesn't have a GPS.

by Matt W

I'm sure your mailman has a birthday too, a GPS seems like an appropriate gift idea. Unless, of course, he's carrying those nasty papers that ask for money for frivolous causes, like the electric company and trash pickup. ;)

Hmm.. give my mailman a gift.. lets see.. I live 4 blocks from the post office. I get my mail at 4pm. I don't get any mail if it rains, more than 1 day for snow (apparantly he never heard the "neither rain, nor sleet...."). I even get wet mail when it hasn't rained for days!

You know what, I'll give the gift to the UPS guy, he works late and shows up with the goodies. I guess I should have sent it UPS.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Happy Birthday to you Matt, I hope that it is a wonderful day for you and that you have many more to follow!

The same to you Nick, belatedly of course!

:cool::thu:

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Happy Birthday Matt. It's my daughter's birthday too. She's 28 today.

David

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "&$%^, what a ride". - Doug Berlin

Originally posted by Matt W:

Yup, today is my 32nd birthday.

Gifts are only being accepted from today through the end of time, so please act quickly. :D

Gah! Oh, to be 32 again! Sigh! Oh, congrats!
www.myspace.com/thefunkfather

32nd eh?

cool, happy b-day.

my birthday is Oct. 17th, i'll be 16 years old (feels very small)

:D

For my b-day my parents have already bought me my main presents: MXR micro amp & MXR Phase 90.

lemme tell ya, they work amazing.

i think im gonna buy a Fender Jazz with the money i get from friends and what not.

plus, then i'll be able to drive :evil::evil:

:thu:

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

M-Dub,

Happy birthday! But remember, all good "shameless" birthday posts begin as follows:

Dear Mr. Sadowsky,

My birthday is coming up shortly and I was admiring the fine examples of 4- and 5-string bass craftsmanship on your website. I realize I haven't yet purchased the nine Sadowskys that entitle me to one free, but in your boundless generosity would you please consider...

And so on. ;)

Of course, TBFKAGB rightly points out that such a "shameless" epistle could validly begin with:

Dear Mr. Dingwall

-or-

Dear Mr. Lull

-or-

Dear Mr. May

-or-

Dear Mr. Conklin

-or- (dare I suggest it?! :eek: )

Dear Mr. Nordstrand

Etc.

Young Nick, many happy returns of the day to you as well! :thu:

Maury, check back in with us "old" guys when you've gotten out of diapers. :P Maybe that'll happen before we're back in 'em. :eek:

Feel the luv, y'all. Feel it, then spread it. It's like "paying it forward" -- but better. :cool:

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

*** Insert Dingwall pr0n here ***
Is it hot in here or is it just the GAS heating up? Oh the humanity...

Happy birthday to each and every one of you silly folks out there, be it belatedly or prematurely!

(up to 200 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

[QBMaury, check back in with us "old" guys when you've gotten out of diapers. :P Maybe that'll happen before we're back in 'em. :eek:

Peace.

--SW[/QB]

HahahahaHahahahahaHahaha!!!!

...{thinking, thinking,...50, fifty? FIFTY next year!!!???}

Nevermind...

Jim

:freak:

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Archived