Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

hey everybody

vitus

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years now, posting a total of 3 or 4 times I think... and so I figured it was due time that I said hello.

My name's Sean, I'm currently a freshman at Vassar College in New York (although I'm from Connecticut), and have been playing bass for about 3 years. I play a Musicman Bongo and a Fender Jazz fretless, although I suck at no matter which I play - I just suck a little more on the fretless.

Band-wise I've had some bad experiences with guitarists... I've cycled through quite a few, but my drummer always held it for me. I just recently joined a funk band, which already had to throw out a keys player, but i figure every band has to settle at first. Our first cover was "Chameleon," so thus far it hasn't been anything too challenging.

I still don't think I'm nearly qualified to add much to the forum, but I'll try. Any other questions, ask away.

See you all around.

is it just me, or is there some more gravity?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a fellow "newbie" and (mostly) lurker, let me welcome you to the forum. I have gotten quite an education here. :D

Don't look back. You never know what might be gaining on you.

- Terry Pratchett: Going Postal

A good bass player knows the notes not to play. - Nick St. Nicholas

John

i'm not new to the forum, but i still learn a lot. since you've already admitted to being a longtime lurker, i don't need to welcome you, but i do look forward to reading what you have to say. :love:
Insert inaccurate quote here

Hello vitus! I am glad that you are here.

I realize that there is most likely a fairly sizable "Lurker Membership" and I would like to take the opprotunity of your post to say hello to all of them.

While I think that it would be wonderful for them to come "out of the shadows" as it were and join in the discourse so that we could get to know them, I also appreciate the support that they give to our Forums. By being here, even as just lurkers, they increase this site's "hit count" and I'm sure that helps to keep us up and running when the Musicplayer.com executive types are deciding whether or not to keep sponsoring us.

So, Hello and Welcome to all you Lurkers out there! Glad to have you! :wave:

Cheers

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Welcome, vitus! :wave:

Vassar -- cool. I got peeps up P'keepsie way. Let's face it, Dutchess Co. is crazy beautiful in the fall and the orchards produce some ridiculously awesome apples this time of year.

Welcome, also, FF! :wave:

Y'all enjoy your stay and keep bringin' it low'n'loud!

Peace. :cool:

--s-dub

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived