Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

anyone here like Good Charlotte?

Barrel

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I don't like them.

I really haven't warmed to the whole pop-punk thing. The newest punk bands I've liked have been Drop Kick Murphy's, and Rancid, neither of which are really that new, but anyways. The Libertarians are kinda cool too.

But I'm a bitter old punk who reminisces about how music was back in the day. ;)

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

Yuck, I listened to The Dropkick Murphys' the Gangs All Here (I think). Usually I'm really tolerable to music that isn't my style, but I haven't put on that album ever, in my life.

I saw GC taped on MTV today (didn't have the clicker to change the channel). They're alright, I guess. I didn't like this little rap/talk deal for the bridge on the new single.

I think there bassist plays a Lakland.

In Skynyrd We Trust

Originally posted by 73 P Bass:

The newest punk bands I've liked have been Drop Kick Murphy's, and Rancid

I thought Rancid was great, whatever happened to them?

Good Charlotte? I'll just say that I've had one too many students ask me to teach them a Good Charlotte tune... :freak:

Originally posted by Sir Jeebus:

Originally posted by 73 P Bass:

The newest punk bands I've liked have been Drop Kick Murphy's, and Rancid

I thought Rancid was great, whatever happened to them?

Good Charlotte? I'll just say that I've had one too many students ask me to teach them a Good Charlotte tune... :freak:

They are still playing. Their last album was kinda junky IMO. I was mainly dissapointed that Matt Freeman took a much much much simpler part in it, who does he think he is, the bass player? ;)

They do have some catchy songs, but I can't say that I love them. That wouldn't be fair to all the things I actually love. Besides I am soooooo funkalicious I do not need to rock. :cool:

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

Originally posted by Da LadY In Tha Pink Dress:

Yuck, I listened to The Dropkick Murphys' the Gangs All Here (I think). Usually I'm really tolerable to music that isn't my style, but I haven't put on that album ever, in my life.

Some people don't like brussel sprouts either, but I love 'em. :thu:

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

GC?

nah.

they make up really really bad rhyms, and c'mon, they wrote "lifestyles of the rich and the famous"....yet they are rich...and famous.

it's like their new album is completely songs written about themselves; (sings with whinny voice) "I'm so predicatble...."

no offense to those who like em, just my opinion.

:)

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

GC!!.....anger rising,rising,rising :mad:

(thumbles to put in Blood Sugar Sex Magik by the chillis)..anger falling,falling,falling....gone.

Does that sum it up,no offence to the fan base of 13-14 year old girls but i can do without more angst ridden boo hoo daddy did'nt love me but i'll get rich off it music.DAMN ME FOR NOT ROCKING AS HARD :(

Much Love (but not to GC...cos they suck) :thu:

Dave

"I am just an instrument cos the lord is playing this funk"-T.M Stevens

Not really my cup of tea. They seem like warmed over mall punk to me. If someone likes what they're doing, that's cool. But they'll never hold a candle to the Stooges, the Ramones, the Sex Pistols or the Clash for me.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Archived