Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

1 2 3 4.... POW!!!

"I just want to celebrate another day of livin'.."

Kids. Rare Earth. "I Just Want To Celebrate". Monstrous groove, great song. If you ain't hip, you ain't livin'. Not bad for a bunch of white guys on Motown.

That is all. Carry on. Please drive through.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloodrock !!!! I loved that band, but never had the albums (I guiltily downloaded a version of DOA). I remember their second and third albums were really cool.

I'm assuming they were not REALLY that good, because nobody seems to have "recovered" them....

"we were flying along, and hit something in the air"

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Gonna have a Good Time (I think that's what it's called) was one of the earliest tunes I remember learning. Killer vocals, too.

Good call, Bump!

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Yeah, I had more than a couple of the same Rare Earth vinyls too. A great band for sax players with effects. A great band for extended groove. A great band methinks. To really be sure it wasn't just the times, I'll hunt down a compilation CD or something since I haven't had any around for a loooooooong time.

Yep.

Last year, we had a thread on "positive music."

I felt so moved by this tune I quoted the entire lyric (you can check it out.) Positive music.

Which is cool, because, like bump said, music can be totally hip and funky, and still preach good news.

Way back when I was young, we constantly had to defend "our music" because the older generation thought it to be evil. I guess I was hypersensitized, but I still feel this tune to be a great example. Just like the Who, but that's another story.

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Originally posted by bassaddik:

Had that vinyl- wore it out

that and Three Dog Night live at the Fillmore

Adrian Please Tell us more about the Three Dog Night album.... never knew it existed..who played bass for them anyway? Thanks!! :)

www.danielprine.com

I remeber two things about TDN ... I liked them as a kid, and their drummer ended up as drummer for Kaptian Kool and the Kongs.

Now there are two more things, I've just dated myself, and in the 70's kids would watch ANYTHING on television.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Archived