Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Went to Sadowsky today

57pbass

I took a trip to Sadowsky Guitars today...that is the coolest place.

He worked on my P Bass.. new Sadowsky flats installed, a good cleaning and a slight tweaking of the neck.

I also picked up a set of the new nickel 45 - 105 strings and a new Sadowsky Strap...very nicely padded and its about 4" wide over the shoulder area and about 2" at each of the connecting points.

They slightly changed the showroom..many of the amps are gone but he still has the Bergs,Aggies..both power pre and cabs,

Ampeg B 15, Eden WT 400, EA, Clarus.

No more SWR..

Many beautiful basses and guitars on display...

(Tom Maury Sweets JBFLA..no I did not buy any :P )

Spent some time chatting with Nino Brown and the rest of the crew... great guys...

So far the flats are very nice..too soon to give a full report but will report back...I will install the nickel strings in a day or so....

www.danielprine.com

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by 57pbass:

(Tom Maury Sweets JBFLA..no I did not buy any :P )

So...

What DID you get for me???

I've got a nice piece of Live Oak (and Sable Palm and Schlefora and Pond apple and Queen Palm) here for you (courtesy of Hurricane FRANCES) that you could send to Roger in exchange for...???

...It's got your name on it!!! (And it's guarenteed to be different from anything your Bro has in Broward County!!)

I'm just askin'...

JMB

P.S. - Ever hear of a bassist/vocalist Billy Greer up your way?

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

I've got to get to the new place. I actually hate going in the shop, it gives me the worst GAS imaginable. Roger made me try one of his fretlesses - that bastard! He knew what would happen and me made my brand new Lakland fretless 5 look like a cheap imitation of a real bass.

Did Roger happen to mention what happened with the ash-maple Metro for my birthday? Just curious.

Actually he did...

He said ... Dan....I keep getting these emails from this guy named "Dr Sweets" about a free bass....do you know who this guy is?

...I said nothing ...

Roger then said..I wonder if he is the same guy who is running that internet scam on my basses?? I notice a lot of similiarites in their writing styles....

....then he started to question Nino Brown about it....I took off ...

I did overhear them talking about shipping you a Carlo Robelli.... :P

www.danielprine.com

Originally posted by 57pbass:

...I did overhear them talking about shipping you a Carlo Robelli.... :P

Where's the luv, man? ;):D

One of my boyz has a Sadowsky strat. He's had it for at least 15 years. Rog still treats him and that guitar right.

I'll have to pay Roger a visit in person one of these days. It's actually feasible now. Although, from what 57p says, I just might need to come in disguise and use a pseudonym.

Those Metro basses have definitely caught my eye. Ya' dig?!

Peace.

--S to tha' U to tha' U

PS: When's Roger gonna put an AccuGroove in his showroom? ;)

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived