Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Ahoy, me hearties!

Thomas Wilburn

For those of you who are unaware, today (September 19) is National Talk Like A Pirate Day! Liven up your conversations with a sprinkling of buccaneer lingo! Walk the gangplank! Visit Davey Jones' locker! More info is available at http://www.talklikeapirate.com .

So did you hear about the pirate movie?

It's rated "Arrr."

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so this new pirate is talking to the first mate who has a peg leg, a hook and an eye patch. He asks the old salt how he lost his leg.

The first mate replies, "I fell overboard in rough seas one day and a big shark bit me leg off".

"Wow! And how did you come to need the hook?"

"Arrr. We was takin' a prize ship and we boarded it an' the crew put up a mighty fight and I got me hand lopped off with a cutlass".

"Uh, and what about the eyepatch?"

"Arrr, matey, let me tell you. I was lookin' up at the beauty of the sky one day and a blasted sea-gull shat in me eye."

"And that caused you to lose your eye?"

"Naw, it was the first day with me hook"

Will play bass for food.

ahoy! this is first mate kahuna!

i make a great pirate. everywhere i go, i find some booty! HARRRDY HARR HARR!

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

To me every day is pirate day. Every once in a while I have to perform a good keehaulin' to get back in the piraty mood. :cool:

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

Arrrrrr... Ye scurvy dog by the name of Thomas Wilburn. Do ye be listenin' to the Bob and Tom show? I heard about Talk Like a Pirate Day from that radio show. They even be callin up those bilge rats Cap'n Slappy and Ol' Chumbucket Baur for an interview about TLAPD. Arrrr...

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Sadly, I wasn't on the forum on the 19th.

I championed this last year - had a lot of fun and annoyed a lot of people.

Hope them that celebrated had a good time !!

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I have a Jolly Roger flying on the front of my house. It's been there for nearly 2 years now. It keeps door-to-door salesmen away and just plain looks badass. Everyone else on my block (with a flag on their house) has the United States flag. Pussies. When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style.

Well...I really was a pirate once, kinda. This is something that I don't tell me kids of course. I hail from Adna,Washington...home of the "Pirates". Bear with me here. My junior year in high school, somebody had the bright idea that our little podunck school needed an actual mascot roaming the sports functions. Me being the class clown and such, seemed like a perfectly sensible outlet. It was more embarrasing than fun but I did get to meet alot of cheerleaders. :thu: Please don't tell my fellow millworkers! At least I did'nt come from a school that had the ducks or something else that required a fuzzy costume as the satin shirt and eye-patch was bad enough...shiver me timbers!
Donnie Peterson

• 9 years later...

Archived