Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rush were amazing the other night!!!!!!!

Phoney McRing Ring

Hello Gals and Gents.

Well i can now add Mr Geddy Lee to the list of Flea,John Pattituci and Ben Kenny entitled heroes which i've seen live. Yes there i was with around six and half thousand other Rush fans watching them do Xanadu and having the time of my life :)

I never thought i'd ever see them and,as stupid as i feel about it now, i was thinking that possibly they could'nt cut it anymore live but boy was i wrong.

Geddy was in fine form and played the nicest looking Jazz Bass i've seen in my life (all Red with no plate,nice :thu: ) he also had the dryers on stage instead of bass cabs,lol. Add to this an amazing drum solo from Niel and it was the best three hour gig i could ever hope to see.

the only disappointment was that they did'nt play Freewill but i can live with that.

Much Love :thu:

Dave

"I am just an instrument cos the lord is playing this funk"-T.M Stevens

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Phoney McRing Ring:

the only disappointment was that they did'nt play Freewill but i can live with that.

Thats exactly how I felt after both the times I've seen them. Great show but no Freewill :cry::cry:
"Cliff Burton (the "Major rager of the 4-string mother f***er", from Metallica)" Direct quote from Wikipedia (censored out of respect for the forum)

Yeah WCunha i think so too, it took me a while to like Geddy's live sound which to me sounded very sharp (anyone know how he gets that sound? is he trying to get his Jazz sounding similar to his Ricky?)but it did grow on me and i found myself very quickly into the swing of things and Spirit of Radio was wonderful indeed!
"I am just an instrument cos the lord is playing this funk"-T.M Stevens

Archived