Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The new rig has reached its completion...teehee.

Tubes Rock

Well it has been stressful, but I pulled through it. After much consideration I decided to go with the full Mesa rig. Along with the 400+ I bought last week, I decided to take the two Mesa 215s from our singer. I used them at practice a couple days ago and all I can say is WOW!!!!! I have never been a fan of using all 15s, but these 15s sound tight. They don't fart at all no matter how hard I push them. But then again, they also handle 800 watts per cab, so with 1600 watts of total power handling I think I have breathing room. Needless to say, I am quite pleased with the new rig and can't wait to get that whole thing up on stage for the first time.
Don't drink and drive. Get high and fly there.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two 2x15" cabinets; wow. That's... big. Does the band have a van?

Make sure you like the sound of a single 2x15" cabinet. I can't think of many venues in NJ or NYC that will require more than just one.

In actuality, just as a warning, you might get a hassle if you show up with even one of those beasts. A lot of venues are used to seeing a 4x10" cabinet or something around the same size as one. When you book a gig, call before hand and check to make sure they have room for what you're bringing. If they don't mind seeing an SVT cabinet, they probably won't mind seeing one of these... two though, you might run into so space issues.

Every time read any post title containing the word "completed" I have to smile.

Hasn't SteveC posted his rig is completed? Or was it a couple of times?

Hasn't C. Alex posted he has enough pedals? Or was it a couple of times?

Even I am guilty of this--told my wife I had all of the gear I could possibly need and then.... :)

(SteveC and C. Alex are but two examples--don't mean to pick on you guys.. :) )

Come to think of it, how about Edendude? And what about.....

:D

:thu:

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Nice rig man!

I've become a big fan of the mesa cabinets, and an even bigger fan of the m-pulse heads.

Damn, thats a lot of speaker!!

Biggist I ever had was nick named the coffin, it was huge, custom built, had 2 18's in it and 4 tweeters. Ran it with a 300 watt Sunn head. Had an awsome full sound.

*sigh*, i miss those days.

Check out my work in progress.

Originally posted by forceman:

Every time read any post title containing the word "completed" I have to smile.

Hasn't SteveC posted his rig is completed? Or was it a couple of times?

Hasn't C. Alex posted he has enough pedals? Or was it a couple of times?

Even I am guilty of this--told my wife I had all of the gear I could possibly need and then.... :)

(SteveC and C. Alex are but two examples--don't mean to pick on you guys.. :) )

Come to think of it, how about Edendude? And what about.....

:D

:thu:

That's OK, I'm used to it. FYI - my basic rig IS complete. SWR Bass 350 (old red face version) and Bergantino HT112. I used it this weekend with a 10 piece funk band for a stage monitor and with a 16 piece big band and it sounded great in both situations.

I run my SansAmp BDDI (Fat Tube - jazz bass) for the funk/pop/rock gigs and (Piezo - Yamaha 5) for the smooth jazz type gigs. My Carvin fretless 6 goes right to the SWR. All run through a Presonus BlueMax compressor on preset 1.

My upright goes through a Fishman Platinum Pro before the SWR.

I really like it, really. The only thing I might add is a Boss VF-1 multi effect...just for fun. I like some chorus and delay at times.

Yeah I know that there are gonna be places where having two of those things on stage is bound to cause space issues. In those circumstances I am sure I will use only one. For the price he is selling them to me, I couldn't pass it up. Overall, the whole Mesa rig with the 400+ and the 2 cabs ran me just over 2 grand, which isn't bad at all. Yes it is a big rig. And yes it will be too big for a lot of places. But we have big aspirations as well and could very well need it in the near future.
Don't drink and drive. Get high and fly there.

Archived