Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question about PA systems and gigs

xvincex

Hum here's the deal, I'm playing a big gig on 2 months, and since I have a poweramp qsc plx1602 + ampeg 810 I never had to use any other PA systems. I was just playing with my cabinet.

Now this show I'll be plugged into another PA system, how exactly will this be plugged if I have a SansAmp RBI and a PLX1602???

Any info is appreciated thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a couple of ways the sound guy can put you through the system.

A mic in front of your cabinet.

A DI. Your bass goes into the DI and one send comes back to your amp for your stage volume, the other send is sent to the PA. This is the method I've had most experience with. The sound guy will normally use their DI because they're familiar with it.

Does your pre amp have a built in DI or a line out? It substitutes for the stand alone DI.

I have my bass eq set flat.

Enjoy your gig.

Now this show I'll be plugged into another PA system, how exactly will this be plugged if I have a SansAmp RBI and a PLX1602???
They'll use the balanced, XLR, output from the RBI. If you're already using this (to ensure no signal degidation in the 6" to your power amp ;) ) they'll use the other output from your pre and run it into a transparant DI to get it to the board. I wouldn't worry about it. They'll sort it out.

Have fun, don't fiddle with knobs after the sound check!

A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

Archived