Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Electroharmonics Small stone phaser.

Afro_Man

Hey i've just done a search on these but came up with very little i was wondering if anyone had tried one, or owns one and can tell me if it has any problems or anything really.

Cheers Nic

"i must've wrote 30 songs the first weekend i met my true love ... then she died and i got stuck with this b****" - Father of the Pride

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talk about all that and a bag of chips! I bought the blackbox russian version about 2 years ago. The sounds scream vintage 70's. I like to set the rate knob at around 1 0'clock and the color switch in the up position. The beauty is that the effect can be way in front or hangin back in the signal real subtle like. Add a little hall reverb and now you're talkin "money money money". I believe I paid only $60 for it. A friends local music store was liquidating it's inventory and slashed it's prices. (at least I hope that's a slashed price) It's held up well and I've been tempted to find a fender rhodes just to hook this baby up to it. Anyway long story short, fun stomp box, worth the money, hope you get it. :D
Is there something on my face?

The Small Stone is my all-time favorite phaser. I also have an MXR Phase 90, MXR Phase 100 and an older Ibanez analog phaser. To my ears, the Small Stone is the smoothest and most pleasant sounding of the bunch. I still use my vintage Small Stone, which I bought brand new in 1978! In fact, it's the only pedal currently in my bass rig. It works great for our cover of "It Keeps You Running" by the Doobie Brothers...

Kirk

Reality is like the sun - you can block it out for a time but it ain't goin' away...

Cheers for the info, i really liked it and will pick it up when i have the cash spare. Any problems with it, eg bad soldering etc?

Nic

"i must've wrote 30 songs the first weekend i met my true love ... then she died and i got stuck with this b****" - Father of the Pride

Originally posted by Omor Nomar ff bass:

I've been tempted to find a fender rhodes just to hook this baby up to it. Anyway long story short, fun stomp box, worth the money, hope you get it. :D

I have a Small Stone. It's a cool effect on just about any instrument. I've used it on bass, guitar, and sax, but it mostly stays hooked up to my fender rhodes. A rhodes just isn't a rhodes without a good phaser! The bass player in my band has a Small Stone as well, and he's quite attached to it. You don't see me complainin'.
All your bass are belong to us!

Archived