Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Queen of Soul

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh...

...my! :eek:

Great, another box set to add to the list of box sets I would like to acquire. When will it end? :rolleyes:

I must admit, though, that the Funk Box is still higher up as a priority. Click me... and be enlightened.

Thanks for the tip, Bump-diggity. :thu:

Peace.

--sweet'n'low

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

Oh...

...my! :eek:

Great, another box set to add to the list of box sets I would like to acquire. When will it end? :rolleyes:

I must admit, though, that the Funk Box is still higher up as a priority. Click me... and be enlightened.

Thanks for the tip, Bump-diggity. :thu:

Peace.

--sweet'n'low

Listening to the Funk Box disc 1 right now. As a True Funk Soldier, I must suggest that everyone pick up this boxed set. If for anything else, the extended version of "Give It Up Or Turn It Loose"... clap your hand.. stomp your feet... clapaah claphaaah.. Clyde...... Bootsy.. god DAMN. That kills me every time. Then of course "Rock Steady" follows... I love you Aretha.

I just added it to my wish list. Aretha is the bomb. Unfortunately I have noticed that he past two times I have seen her sing the national anthem she has lipsynced. It is just not the same without a live Aretha.

Also, Thank you good Doctor for the heads up on the Funk Box. It also is on the wish list. All you out there who find that extra 60 in your wallet and can't find what to do with it give me a call. If not I will have to hit up relatives for birthdays and unbirthdays alike.

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

Awesome! I just listened to some of the WMP clips! She even made Eleanor Rigby groove! Thanks for the recommendation. The bass lines on these cuts is, to me, what bass playing should be all about. Supportive. Sexy. Fun to play.

:thu:

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived