Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ed Friedland Slap Bass DVD

xvincex

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, I can't believe I missed THIS thread! Thanks everyone, I appreciate hearing how much you all like the dvd. I have to say, I can't bear to watch it, it's hard to look at yourself on screen, but.... the goods news is I don't HAVE to watch it!

I have another one coming out soon, also from Hal Leonard, it's a total beginner thing. It's the dvd companion to the HL Bass Method I re-wrote last year.

I haven't seen it yet, but this time I let my wife pick out my clothes, and I wrote a script for it. The funk thing was planned out, but I actually spoke all of it completely off hand. This new one I used a teleprompter.

I too recently received my own copy of the Wonder DVD. I was actually buying it to be able to see what Ed looks like. To my surprise there is some butt-kicking bass playing as well as some well thought-out teaching. BONUS. To be fair, I was not surprised by the high quality of the material presented. Now Stanley Clarke will be coming to me for lessons. Thanks Ed. :thu::D

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

I was actually buying it to be able to see what Ed looks like
You were scoping Ed out? JK. I teach some students out of Ed's method books. I also enjoy along with others I know the "Building Walking Basslines". I will check out the DVD. Look forward to it.

Mike Bear

Artisan-Vocals/Bass

Instructor

Thanks again folks. You may want to know what I'm working on right now - The Hal Leonard Blues Bass Method. I think it's going to be great, I have many years of experience in this field and I'm trying to put all the practical info I can into it. Different types of lines, feels, stops, kicks, intros, endings, plus many important tunes you need to know in their full arrangements. I'm excited about it, and... I get to play the guitar parts on the CD! Call me Stevie Ray Vaughanabee!

• 1 month later...

Perhaps I'm a bit late to post... but I ordered my Slap Bass DVD from amazon on August 18th, and it has been delayed 2 or 3 times.

New estimated time of arrival is sometime around December 8. Apparently Hal Leonard is low on supply or out of stock?

Tom Lee Music and Long & McQuade (biggest music stores in BC, Canada) don't have it, with the exception of one store on Vancouver Island, which they said they'll try to order it from.

Sigh... been waiting so long for my copy!

bought it directly from the store.

Did you buy it from amazon or from amazon marketplace? I'm pretty sure that most people will cancel your order if they cannot get it to you within 30 days of purchase.

Amazon will let you know beforehand if they are stocked out.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

I bought it straight from Amazon. I havn't had any experience with Amazon Marketplace, plus Amazon didn't mention any current sellers with the item.

I live in Canada, so I'm hesitant to buy anything from the U.S., having the conversation rate, plus the shipping which adds up quick.

Amazon's availability is "Will ship in 4-6 weeks". Apparently that means they don't stock it, but order from the publishers. In this case, they havn't got it from Hal Leonard in 3 months.

• 2 years later...

Archived