Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar forum lurker Posts to Bass Forum!

Billster

Hi, all. :wave:

I just wanted to toss out that I need to locate a bass player in the Metro Boston area for a personal recording project, and future low-key gigs.

I'd like to record once a week, and later, maybe gig once a month.

Check out the Soundclick link in my sig block for an idea of the style, and drop a PM if you like.

Thanks.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Certainly a polite request, but what about us old farts?

Don't look back. You never know what might be gaining on you.

- Terry Pratchett: Going Postal

A good bass player knows the notes not to play. - Nick St. Nicholas

John

I know, but have to stick up for us old timers that resent the spam that puts on an age requirement such as:

"21 to 24 years old, with car, and can buy beer for the band."

Don't look back. You never know what might be gaining on you.

- Terry Pratchett: Going Postal

A good bass player knows the notes not to play. - Nick St. Nicholas

John

So, what is the difference between this posting and "Bassist Needed" by Cold Summer Society besides details provided? Just wondering since the other's original was deleted then the second posting was flamed with all abandon.

Just curious.

ATM

Or the ads that list influences such as "Razorcrotch, Bonerfarm, Mucus Instinct" and a bunch of bands no one over 19 has heard of. :D

In defense of the "player wanted" ads...when I first started posting...I posted a few "keyboard player wanted in KC area" type posts on the Keyboard Corner. Dave Bryce was very supportive. I look at it this way...no one is selling anything, and posting an opportunity. Not the "GUARANTEED TO MAKE YOU JACO IN 10 DAYS" kind of opportunity, but a real, working opportunity. IMO, therein lies the difference.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Mucus Instinct? Didn't they open for Razorblade Toothbrush at the Dungeon in West Milford?

Post count DOES matter, but it's not the only thing that matters.

His advert wasn't offensive and it didn't have the obligatory "we have label interest" line that every spammer seems to feel the need to include in their advert.

Originally posted by dcr:

Oh no you didn't! Tell me you didn't just diss Mucus Instinct!!

:D Yep. I even ripped their sticker off my pawn shop bass with the duct tape strap. But all the other stickers are still intact.
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by getz76:

There are a couple of guys in the Boston area that post, but I can't recall which guys?!?

Try craigslist.org . Works every time.

Thanks for the link. I'll have to check out the reply system over there and be ready for the influx.

I know what you mean about ads for "prog-metal/classical/bebop, label interest, we are very serious and rehearse 90 hours per week..." :rolleyes: I promise not to flame any bass players who wander into the guitar lounge. :cool: Thank you.

so disappointing, i was very much looking forward to flaming him :evil:

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

Originally posted by billster:

I promise not to flame any bass players who wander into the guitar lounge. :cool: Thank you.

Like me! You've always been/seemed very nice, a class act the whole way.

If you're nice to someone on t'internet is it called soaking?

Nic

"i must've wrote 30 songs the first weekend i met my true love ... then she died and i got stuck with this b****" - Father of the Pride

Originally posted by billster:

[QB

I promise not to flame any bass players who wander into the guitar lounge. :cool: Thank you.[/QB]

As if there was a g****r player around that had the ammunition, temerity, or wit to flame, with or without accelerant, even the slowest of bassists. :D

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Originally posted by dcr:

Billster is part of this forum community. (See the little post count at the bottom?) It matters.

This is what the SSS political party is for :D
A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

Archived