Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bassist Needed

I could have sworn I posted this in this forum earlier but i do not see it. If it is being deleted or moved can a MOD please email me and let me know why.

Rock band seeks replacement bassist.

Here are some facts:

Mark Chavez of Adema: produced latest EP

Own tour bus

All Pro touring equipment

Will provide Bass rig for the right player

Currently shopping for record deal with a major

dedicated practice facility

own merchandise

two EP's

looking for someone to share in new song writing and learn old material

housing available if needed

very strict criteria for ability, song writing, and looks

18 - 30 yrs old only

no drug users

music is best described as dark melodic, some backing vocals, twin guitars, tuned to dropped c

ie.

C G C F A D double bass, looking for 5 string bass for extra range. music compared to but not

identical to perfect circle, the cure, yet a a very heavy edge much like sevendust or ministry.

all serious inquiries will be followed up with an mp3 format of newest unreleased material.

this is a serious opportunity for the right musician to walk into a record deal and start making

great music right off the bat. the current bassist is retiring, so the group is willing to provide

an ampeg svt rig, sansamp tech21 rackmount pre, korg tuner. there will be a strict interview process

before any auditions are held and the top candidates will be flown to sw florida for in auditions.

please limit your emails to specific questions and provide a sample of your playing or previous

studio experience in mp3 format for a quick response. there will be many other criteria besides

playing ability,

ie.

stage presence, compatibility with group, writing style and looks all will play a factor. please

serious responses only. thanks css.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you did post here, you would remember the experience, you would have been flamed like no other forum can flame.

This forum is for discussing gear, music, ideas, and sometimes life in general. Hang around for awhile, you'll get the jist. Band recuitment and blatant gear spam are not generally welcome here.

Not to mention, the demographics of this forum are such that you are more likely to get pounced by someone from Oklahoma, Finland, or NYC than a fellow Floridian.

- Matt W.

I still don't see why the occasional "bassist needed" thread is so universally reviled here.

I don't need or want this gig, but some of you might.

And JBFLA lives in Florida...maybe he wants it.

I'm sure I'll get flamed roundly for this, but I don't care.

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/blue.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/black.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/fuscia.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/grey.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/orange.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/purple.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/red.JPGhttp://www.briantimpe.com/images/LDL/dots/yellow.JPG

How about this?... Can we nice bass players direct this poor needy person to a resource where he can maybe find a bass player... (as Alex has done, but the link is not working!)

Such as http://www.harmonycentral.com

That is the more 'national' one that I know of. The rest are local, or are very hard to use.

Cold Summer Society , look down the page on harmonycentral.com to the left for "place musician ads" and "browse musician ads."

Good luck!

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Oooh... a repost after the first was deleted.

wow, he just wont give up!

this is becoming a habit for some people, it seems every week we have to flame someone for doing this

oh well

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

Ben- I might agree once in a while if its clearly labelled as spam. When I have an urge to be a dick I go to the political forum. Hey Cold- What does your clusterpluck pay? And why do I want to be in a beauty contest band however darkly melodic it may be?

www.ethertonswitch.com

Honestly, I don't see the big deal about people posting that they're looking for bassists. After all, this is a forum full of bass players. If one of us can get hooked up with a halfway decent gig, I don't see the harm.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Originally posted by Nicklab:

Honestly, I don't see the big deal about people posting that they're looking for bassists. After all, this is a forum full of bass players. If one of us can get hooked up with a halfway decent gig, I don't see the harm.

As was stated above, this forum would become an outlet mall for head hunters, gig spammers, on-line auction junkies, and every sh*tbag little p*ssant Monday/Wednesday/Friday garage band that thinks they are one gig, a set of strings and a Mesa Boogie away from a major recording contract and opening for Korn.

There are forums out there that deal strictly with finding band mates, such as www.uglybassplayer.com. There are also the magazines (PBM and Guitar World advertise links to people looking for work and work looking for people).

The goal is to try and keep the forum clean for discussion about our gig, our gear, our experience, not a classified ad. Some of us would grow weary of weeding throught the crap to get to the meat and wander off elsewhere.

Besides ... IT'S FUN TO FLAME! BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Well, I don't think you're speaking for me when you state that goal. Plus, from what I've seen there is a core of posters here who have kept the forum on-track for some time. The serious threads will get the serious traffic and attention, while the "help wanted" ads will come and go based on traffic or a lack thereof. The turds will sink to the bottom of the cess pool of their own accord.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Originally posted by cornbread:

The part I love about the ad is they put heavy emphasis on looks. If you're so concerned about what the person looks like, hire a model to just stand there with the bass since you'll knock it down in the mix.

Makes me wonder what happened to those models from the Robert Palmer videos... :D

Originally posted by Nicklab:

while the "help wanted" ads will come and go based on traffic or a lack thereof. The turds will sink to the bottom of the cess pool of their own accord.

Actually, the mods usually delete them when they get around to them... we don't see a lot of them, from what I understand...

I wonder if it would be impractical to create a "standard response" to those folks who come here looking for bass players, which could politely tell them that "looking for..." type of ads are not allowed, but gives them some ideas for how to find players. Such as suggesting internet sites, or describing what type of print publications they may look for.

Then, when a Mod deletes their entry, maybe a PM could be sent to them at the same time.

That way we won't come off sounding so mean.

I can totally understand why a band would come to a bass player forum looking for bass player. I personally think it's a rather inspired approach!

So... I do not want to even really suggest this as a means to make our poor Mods (who are the most wonderful people in the world!) do any more work. I just hate for people to leave here with a bad taste in their mouth for the bass playing community.

We've chatted in the past about a sticky at the top of the forum, maybe this would be a good one. We could call it, "Need a bass player?" and then when they click it, they can see informative stuff about how to find one.

From what I can tell, the "Classifieds" portion of this message board doesn't work, and never has worked since I registered in 2002. It would be GREAT to just send them over there, as well as giving us a place to post our availability.

Anyway... just some thoughts.

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

It is kind of ballsy of this guy to repost after his first post was deleted, no? ;)

If you come into a room full of people having a discussion and blurt out something without listening to what people are saying, then you might get some funny looks.

I'm not looking to abuse these folks, unless they're abusive in their posts; this one is on the cusp of abusive (or at least asking to be abused).

That said, the best way to deal is to ignore. I have problems ignoring, though.

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

I like doggies. And kitties. And nuclear fission.

Nuclear fission Rules!!!

Originally posted by Getz76:

If you come into a room full of people having a discussion and blurt out something without listening to what people are saying, then you might get some funny looks.

Forum equivilent of the three minute rule.

Originally posted by Social Critic:

Originally posted by Bumpcity:

I like doggies. And kitties. And nuclear fission.

Nuclear fission Rules!!!

Originally posted by Getz76:

Forum equivilent of the three minute rule.

I'd really like to know how to post multiple quotes. :mad:

And the requirements for the position have left me feeling so inadequate and injured my fragile self-esteem. :cry:

very strict criteria for ability, song writing, and looks

wow, basing musicians on looks.....now i know todays music has gone down the Sh!t hole. :cry:

plus, aren't the guitarist suppost to write the songs most of the time? :confused:

i for one would never want to be with a band that only looks for good looking members, what happend to quality musicians. i understand a goth band, not wanting a country basists, but c'mon, you don't play the face, you play the bass.

sorry dude, but no matter how good your band is, you shouldn't have "strict" rules about looks.

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

judging musicians for looks.....

move over, Jaco, there's a new "greatest bassist of all time" in town, and he goes by the name of "Kahuna" ;):D

"I'm thinkin' we should let bump answer this one...

Prepare to don Nomex!"

-social critic

"When I install my cannons, I'm totally going to blast their asses back to the 16th century; Black Beard style"

-bumpcity

Archived