Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT -- Dr Sweets, well done

a boy named sue

I see from Sweets' "name" that he has finished his PhD! Well done. Its good to see it can be done :D

You can tell from my "name" that I've just bought a johnny cash cd :rolleyes:

the bassist formerly known as Tom Rivet

A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You bugger, i was about to post this. Anyway congrats Dr willie, hows the fish o'luv coming along, i'd like to see a pic before i do a gord-b and disappear off to uni.

Nic

"i must've wrote 30 songs the first weekend i met my true love ... then she died and i got stuck with this b****" - Father of the Pride

Most sincere congratulations on accomplishing one of your life's goals. We'll get the details out of you when we finally meet.

In the meantime, are you accepting new patients yet?

:D

Originally posted by getz76:

Ha... Dr. Sweet Willie... sounds like the title to an adult film...

He knows how to treat it sweet, and

he's got a degree in funkelry!

Dr. Sweet Willie- He's in practice.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Although you can't see me I am standing in recognition of this most excellent feat. I feel smarter now by association. Congrats. :thu::thu:

Let your speech be better than silence, or be silent.

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.

"Rindase!"

"Rendirme? Que se rinda su abuela, *#@!^$"

So are you a doctor of Bass-ology? :D

Congratulations Dr. Sweets! From a person who has only accomplished something like 19 total college hours, in my 45 years of life, you have my UTMOST respect! :thu:

Please give us the details! (Unless you've already given them elsewhere, and if so, please direct me to that thread.)

What is the degree?

How long did it take?

What university?

Did you love the experience?

What will you now do with all of these credentials?

:D

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Thanks all.

Yes, on Monday morning I successfully defended my dissertation (sociology is my field). I have some revisions to do before I can officially submit it to the Northwestern University Grad School, and then I won't have the PhD diploma until December. So I'm not completely finished. However, this is a major hurdle to overcome in the process and it's downhill at this point. :cool:

Sorry, folks it's not an MD, so I can't help you with your medical ailments. :P:)

I have been a graduate student for a long time. It will be nice to be all done with school...forever.

Again, thanks. I couldn't have made it thru with out my stops here to recharge my batteries, have a laugh, chat about all things bass, and get the encouragement that you have occasionally thrown my way along the way.

Peace'n'luv,

--s-dub

PS: dcr -- Bite me! ;)

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I have some revisions to do before I can officially submit it to the Northwestern University Grad School, and then I won't have the PhD diploma until December. So I'm not completely finished. However, this is a major hurdle to overcome in the process and it's downhill at this point.
Latex or MSword? Revisions could test Job in word :mad:
A man is not usually called upon to have an opinion of his own talents at all; he can very well go on improving them to the best of his ability without deciding on his own precise niche in the temple of Fame. -- C.S.Lewis

Congrats to the new PhD. And now, you can get all that gobbledy-gook research outta your head and get back to spreadin' the love.

So, you defended your dissertation, eh? Let US attack it! :D:D:D

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Archived