Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Giggling Crowd!

Big Red 67

Last night I did a show at the Owl Club in Roseville and during the first three songs this guy was just going off on me playing! during the second song I looked up to see him giggling uncontrollably every time I played a lick. He was really into it, I didn't take it badly. It was a strange reaction and it made me happy. I was wondering has anyone else had strange reactions from the crowd?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was once pelted with lunchmeat...Ok, maybe I wasn't but it would've been a good story. Normally I'm the only onethat giggles when I play, so I guess I understand where the guy was coming from. :D
Insert inaccurate quote here

The Owl Club in Roseville? Shit man, I went to Oakmont High ('73) and used to drink there under age all the time! They would sell me an ice cold case of Coors, for the rip-off price of $6, out the back door. But it was worth the status boost I got among my peers (high school jocks) for being able to buy beer. Right down the street in "old Roseville" was Junction City and the Blue Lantern where we would go and fight with the Mexican kids for our fun and theirs. Later I played football at Sierra College with a lot of the same kids and we used to have a blast reliving the old battles. Those were the days my friend. Never saw a weapon and once when there were eight of us and nine of them, they made one of their guys sit out. Back when there was some sort of honor between rivals. Wound up being good friends with several of them. Sorry for he ramble, hard to believe the Owl Club is still going.

www.ethertonswitch.com

the owl club. a nice little place. i have played there a few times.i have not had anyone giggle while i was playing but i have made them laugh with the comments i have made to the singer . i love his video system he has there. you can watch the band downstairs at the main bar. has he got the sound going yet?

Hey Big Red -

I'm not far from you and the wierdest place we play is in Jackson. We have had everything from being pelted with those little gold dollars to bar brawls to spontaneous strip contests.

It's called the National Hotel. Get yourself booked - it's never a dull crowd.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Bruce Hornsby always tells the story of when he was subbing with the Grateful Dead and there was a guy in the front row that gave him the finger for 3 straight hours. When Bruce finally confronted him, it was apparent that the bird was flipped out of complete adulation for his piano chops.

By the way, upon rereading the paragraph above, it seems to imply that I heard this anecdote straight from Mr Hornsby during one of our many games of Bocce on my summer estate. :rolleyes: Sorry about that...I heard him talking about it on Letterman.

"For instance" is not proof.

The Owl Club in Roseville? Shit man, I went to Oakmont High ('73) and used to drink there under age all the time! They would sell me an ice cold case of Coors, for the rip-off price of $6, out the back door. But it was worth the status boost I got among my peers (high school jocks) for being able to buy beer. Right down the street in "old Roseville" was Junction City and the Blue Lantern where we would go and fight with the Mexican kids for our fun and theirs. Later I played football at Sierra College with a lot of the same kids and we used to have a blast reliving the old battles. Those were the days my friend. Never saw a weapon and once when there were eight of us and nine of them, they made one of their guys sit out. Back when there was some sort of honor between rivals. Wound up being good friends with several of them. Sorry for he ramble, hard to believe the Owl Club is still going.
*shakes head*

c'mon, what are teenagers coming too.....oh wait...nvm. :D

-BGO

5 words you should live by...

Music is its own reward

---------------

My Band: www.Myspace.com/audreyisanarcissist

Archived