Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

BUY THIS NOW!!!

alexclaber

Screw the rent/the mortgage payment/that tank of petrol(gas)/that evening out/your next month's food/etc etc you NEED this:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000006NUW.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Hitsville USA: The Motown Singles Collection 1959-1971

I've been wanting this for years but only finally got it for my birthday this month. Why did I leave it so long???

Alex

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that set is still gathering dust on my Amazon wish list... I got to jonezing for it after reading Berry Gordy's autobiography. IIRC, that was about the same time that Jeremy scolded me (with love) for not having any Stevie Wonder in my collection, so the SW Difinitive Collection took precedence. :cool:

Mowtown is good for the soul, and will help those who have no soul get some.

- Matt W.

It is truly amazing just how small the Motown Studio was. the building is still in great shape and is in a nice neighorbood a few miles from downtown Detroit.

http://www.tomfoss.net/hitsville.JPG

If you ever get the chance, tour Hitsville USA--it is well worth it.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

As a Motown native, and like Jeremy (and I suspect 'forceman'), I have the originals on vinyl.

If the purchase of a good turntable doesn't get it - the next best thing is getting this offering.

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Originally posted by JBFLA:

As a Motown native, and like Jeremy (and I suspect 'forceman'), I have the originals on vinyl.

If the purchase of a good turntable doesn't get it - the next best thing is getting this offering.

Jim

Yep, a lot still on vinyl (how did you know? Is my grey hair showing?) Have transfered some of it to the digital domain (via Nuendo and Cubase) but uncover my turntable for the true "Motown sound" (crackles and pops included!)

Being from Detroit ain't such a bad thing, is it JBFLA--a hidden jewel it is! Jimbroni and the other MI bassists who post here know what I mean.

Check out downtown next time you are in the area--MAJOR activities underway..

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Archived