Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Reverend bites the dust!

jeremy c

This just in from Reverend Musical Instruments:

HOT NEWS FROM REVEREND MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS __________________________________________

REVEREND DISCONTINUING BASSES!

We will be discontinuing all bass models shortly. Unfortunately, bass sales volume is not large enough to support marketing and production of basses. Service and repair of basses will continue. LAST DAY TO ORDER A BASS IS THURSDAY, SEPT. 30, 2004 by 5PM EST.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. The implication is that they are selling enough guitars to continue... Hmmm

A bit of market tightening? It's unclear where the parts are made (and I didn't see if they are assembled in the US or not).

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

they're assembled in detroit. i don't know the origin of the parts, but i wouldn't be surprised if they were US-made as well.

i have played a rumblefish before and it was pretty sweet. i had some GAS for a lake superior blue one with a maple fingerboard. maybe one day i will own one.

robb.

Yee haw! I mean, dammit! I'm just glad I was able to get mine when I did. Aged yellow Rumblefish 5L with maple fingerboard. I love it to death.

As long as the company doesn't completely bite the dust I'll be happy. I still need more George L cables, a Reverend T-shirt or two, and they are the best source I've found for strings that fit my bass. Plus I want a guitar from them one of these days.

Long live Reverend, even if they don't do basses anymore. Simply put, they are a great American company!

Archived