Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My new P-BASS

aschl

Hi

I wanna show my new P-bass, and want your opinion about it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/aschl/P7313622.jpg

The bridge is Gotoh, like Bad AssII.

Strings are Elixir roundwound 105-45

Pickup - Seymour SPB-3 Quarter Pound

Body - Basswood

Neck - Maple

Well, soon i´ll change the strings to Rotosound flatwounds, because e wanna more punch. :)

Opinions please, and sorry for the bad english.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice bass....

you cannot go wrong with a P Bass....

I have a set of Roto Sound flats on my 59 P Bass they are probably 20 years old and still sound very nice...

www.danielprine.com

Looks very nice! Is that a Paul Harris Signature? I played one of those at a music store last year, and I would have bought it in a heartbeat if I could have spared the cash. Maple fretboard, Quarter Pounder pickups, solid bridge...mmm....tasty. I bet it'll dish out some thunder with some rotosound flats on it. I think Paul Harris used strings like that himself.

I think I might put that picture on my desktop, if you don't mind!

Regards!

unkownroadband.com - step into the unkown :-)

aschl - Can't go wrong with a good P-Bass. Wish I had my first one back!

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDZAggXuGyQelLXe*xR5rFtFmHGqRZ8C81eTjgWP*!KHB4ZJtQNfrpSfmRmx7q92aKxpGCzgWvIR4X9VJfcOxI6VE3vAPrjz9J!djIa53YNy0rojyD5KA/image7.jpg

And don't believe 57pbass:

Originally posted by 57pbass:

I have a set of Roto Sound flats on my 59 P Bass they are probably 20 years old and still sound very nice...

Only reason he has the same strings on his '59 is because he spends all his $$$ on every available Sadowsky/Lakland and vintage bass in the NorthEast!!

( :D Dano!!)

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Hi

Thanks for the comments :)

Well, i recorded something, so you can hear it !

The first is the 7 track of the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album from Iron Maiden

The second is something of Metallica Black Album

And the last is Wrathchild from Iron Maiden too.

http://paginas.terra.com.br/informatica/twin/clairvoyant.mp3

http://paginas.terra.com.br/informatica/twin/metallica.mp3

http://paginas.terra.com.br/informatica/twin/wrathchild.mp3

The recording is not that good, but its ok.

I recommend you to hear it in a headphone and turn the EQ of winamp off.

cya

Nice bass! Looks like a Steve Harris signature model. I would love to have one of those if they made them lefty!

Congrats!

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

That truly is one sweet looking bass. I own two jazz basses, one in black and one sunburst, that I want to do some work on. I will probably leave the sunburst alone, but I want to put a diamond plate pickguard on the black one, drop a new set of pups in it, fit it with a Badass II bridge, and replace the black plastic knobs with the chrome p-bass knobs. I also might see if I can get some kind of metallic clearcoat put over the black finish to give it some sparkle. Whenever it's done I will post pics. I love Fender basses!!! And you certainly own one very nice looking one. Do you sleep with it???
Don't drink and drive. Get high and fly there.

Originally posted by IsIt420Yet:

That truly is one sweet looking bass. I own two jazz basses, one in black and one sunburst, that I want to do some work on. I will probably leave the sunburst alone, but I want to put a diamond plate pickguard on the black one, drop a new set of pups in it, fit it with a Badass II bridge, and replace the black plastic knobs with the chrome p-bass knobs. I also might see if I can get some kind of metallic clearcoat put over the black finish to give it some sparkle. Whenever it's done I will post pics. I love Fender basses!!! And you certainly own one very nice looking one. Do you sleep with it???

HEHE nice

Well, it´s not a original Fender, it´s made by my luthier. It´s a copy of the Steve Harris his Blue Sparkle Fender Precision.

I can say that it´s a whole custom bass.

Originally posted by 57pbass:

Very nice bass....

you cannot go wrong with a P Bass....

Wow, that strings are really durable.

And it still has sustain and bright ?

How does the Seymour Quarter Pound pick-up compare to a stock Fender as far as the sound goes? I have consider swapping pick-ups on my p-bass but have nver heard a quarterpounder.

By the way - Nice Bass! :thu:

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Archived