Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bass stolen from thebassplace

David

Although this was stolen in January I thought perhaps I'd post it here just in case. Especially after being treated so well when visting their store.

Stolen Bass

thanks for your time

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,

but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "&$%^, what a ride". - Doug Berlin

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do they have an eBay store?? I think I bought my Yamaha off of them! That sucks! Thiefs should be shot! :mad: There is a guy in my local music scene who no one will jam with because things "go missing" whenever he's around... :mad:

Tenstrum

"Paranoid? Probably. But just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face."

Harry Dresden, Storm Front

Yes, they sell quite a bit of stuff on eBay. I bought some DiMarzio pickups from them about a year & a half ago, and was treated unusually well. It'd be cool if someone could help them. Geez, and it's not like the thief took a nondescript looking bass!

Originally posted by Tenstrum:

Do they have an eBay store?? I think I bought my Yamaha off of them! That sucks! Thiefs should be shot! :mad: There is a guy in my local music scene who no one will jam with because things "go missing" whenever he's around... :mad:

One of my, well, ex-favorite salesmen at the music store (within walking distance) was doing a backdoor vintage operation. Turns out he was buying stolen vintage gear and selling it on the floor for slightly below market value. Scum bag piece of crap.

Stealing is wrong, but stealing someone's instrument is pure evil.

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

Although I can't objectively prove this, there is evidence that karma is a functioning principle in our daily lives. You get what you need at the right time and place you need it, and what you do to/for others comes back to you. If you doubt this, wait and see...

I wonder if the guilty party realizes that his/her momentary gain will be offset by the likelihood that (s)he'll be sharing the soap with some new "roomates" in a little while. And I hope theBassPlace can come to a working compromise in securing its assets without encumbering the hospitality and trust it intends to show musicians and other visitors in the future.

(the perpetrator should be grateful that Islamic justice isn't practiced in the US. I can't picture playing bass with a grapple hook instead of a right hand.)

:wave:

Originally posted by Fred the bass player:

karma is a functioning principle in our daily lives.

Fred's right ! My uncle has accumulated some really bad karma over the years, and last week he came round the house to say that he'd actually been robbed while on holiday ... Twice !

And me, I met up with a great guitar player / singer yesterday, and am going to get that guy some gigs (he plays solo). Who knows, maybe it'll lead to a cooperation? Would be cool :D

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Archived