Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craig I understand you're a REASON guru!

Howdy, I just bought Reason the other day, I simply CAN'T believe what this software can do!. I was curious if you were aware of any apps that support rewiring directly to disk, I'd love to be able to record all of the rewired channels to thier own tracks, currently in Logic I have to bounce each pair of tracks via the 1/2 bounce but as I said it would be a lot more efficient if I could directly record each channel to its own track so I can then import them into PT for mixing. Any ideas? Thanks! :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Nursers, I had to buy version 1 because none of my dealers had v2.0. I figure that's fine because I'll get the upgrade to 2 for free. I had been using the demo of 2.0 which got me totally addicted so I'm really looking forward to the upgrade. V1 rocks too!, I CAN'T BELEIVE IT! :)

Reason remains incredible. I consider it evidence that there IS intelligent life on earth. You can render tunes to disk as files. Just mute the instruments you don't want. Over the years, I've found anything you want to do in Reason you can pretty much do . I'm totally into the ReWire thing with Sonar, they work fabulously together. PLUG PLUG PLUG PLUG Buy my Quick Start book on Reason, published by AMSCO. Have fun!

<> Well, I use Reason as a ReWire application working under Sonar. This dumps up to 64 outs (!) into Sonar. There's no compelling reason to record the tracks, because they're soft synths that just play along with the sequence. But if you wanted to, you could bounce the audio to a track and capture it that way if needed. I presume the reason (ahem) you want to do this is to lighten your CPU's load, but ReWire doesn't really add much overhead at all. If your computer can run the two apps without ReWire, it can almost certainly run them using ReWire. ReWire is very cool. Check it out! Cubase, Logic, Performer, and others do ReWire as well.

I'd love to be able to do this so I can take the tracks into my protools room and mix them in there!. I don't really mind bouncing, it's a small price to pay for the small price I had to pay for this most incredible piece of software.....it's just blowing my mind. My next Q, How do I get IAC happening so I can play the sequences in Logic as well as all the pattern sequences in Reason? Thanks! :) :) Thanks! My mind is still blowing!

[quote]Originally posted by Nowak: [b] How do I get IAC happening so I can play the sequences in Logic as well as all the pattern sequences in Reason? [/b][/quote]Unfortunately, since Logic 4.7 this has not been working well at all. They changed something (without telling anybody) and now there's a really bad latency if you try to trigger any ReWire instruments via MIDI. You either need to use Logic 4.6.x or sync the two programs WITHOUT ReWire - just launch Reason first. One advantage of this method is that you can still use Reason's export audio function. The actual IAC hookup is described quite well in the manual.

Archived