Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who's Funkier?

73 P Bass

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George Porter Jr. :D

They are both monsters. Although I do prefer the bands and artists that Bootsey has worked with over the years.

peace,

ransom

pray peace, all love and unity

"There are only two kinds of music; good and bad."

~Duke Ellington~

while we're on the "funk" thing...let's not forget "the Brothers Johnson".....with their hits "get the funk outta my face" and "ain't we funkin now?"...

cheers!

:thu::thu::thu::thu:

Have you hugged your bass today?

Getz76 is funky. I've smelled him. Suffered through sitting at the same table for dinner once. Maybe he took his shoes off under the table?

If he released a solo album he could title it "Stinkonia". The follow-up could be "Stinkonia II: Bring Your Own Damn Soap!". :eek:

Of course, it could be that the Jersey has seeped into his pores... Wait a second, I'm moving to Jersey!!! :eek:

It is, most certainly, all luv -- all the time, every day. ;):D

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Sweaty Willie shouldn't talk. ;)

And it is understandable that so many folks poke fun at lovely, scenic New Jersey. So jealous of the lush landscape, the beautiful beaches, the lovely odors from the Turnpike, and the best pizza on the planet. We understand. :D

I can't wait for Willie to assimilate.

1. Since you'll have an auto, within 30 days, you will develop a case of road-rage. You will learn tactics such as the cut-off, the squeeze-by, the screen, and the block-box.

2. You will learn to hate your auto insurance company

3. You will learn to hate the fact you can't pump your own gas

4. You will learn that you always pick the wrong route because of traffic, and that there is no "right" route

5. You will learn to watch out for a '92 Cutlass Supreme (mostly red) that has complete disregard for traffic laws

6. You will learn that a certain Hoboken resident has made friends with Mr. UPS and Mr. FedEx and has intercepted your fish'o'luv and sold it to support his raging G.A.S. ;)

Jab thrown by getz76:

Sweaty Willie shouldn't talk.

Hey! I resemble that remark! At least on hot, humid days or after vigorous activity!

Hypothesized by getz76:

I can't wait for Willie to assimilate.

I'm no assimilator! I'm a revolutionary! NJ will change because of me; I will not change because of NJ!

Eloquently listed by getz76:

1. Since you'll have an auto...

... 5. You will learn to watch out for a '92 Cutlass Supreme (mostly red) that has complete disregard for traffic laws.

Had I mentioned how excited I am to take advantage of public transportation? :)

getz76 wraps up with:

6. You will learn that a certain Hoboken resident has made friends with Mr. UPS and Mr. FedEx and has intercepted your fish'o'luv and sold it to support his raging G.A.S.

It ain't my Fish o' Luv. It's someone else's. Mine has yet to "leave the spec sheet". :P

At least now I know which delivery services not to use -- or at least to ship under a pseudonym to an alternate, trustworthy location! ;):D

Originally posted by 73 P Bass:

Who do you think is funkier Larry Graham or Bootsy Collins. Kind of apples and oranges, but never the less...

Sorry for the threadjack. As for your initial question, my answer is:

"Yes." ;)

Sorry for being a wiseass.

:D

Peace.

--S to tha' Dub to tha' U

spreadluv

Originally posted by Sweet Willie:

Originally posted by 73 P Bass:

Who do you think is funkier Larry Graham or Bootsy Collins. Kind of apples and oranges, but never the less...

Sorry for the threadjack. As for your initial question, my answer is:

"Yes." ;)

Sorry for being a wiseass.

:D

Peace.

--S to tha' Dub to tha' U

I would expect no less on the Lowdown (it's all about the love!).

And I love the fact that I can get full service gas at the same price as self serve when I visit the Garden State!

Also, for the record, I think Bootsy is funkier (by a a gerry curled hair) than Larry Graham. This was a hard choice, because I really enjoy Larry more.

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

I finally voted.

For Bootsy.

'Cause he's still doing it.

Larry must be in the witness protection program or something. Where is he? He's not old, he's a great bassist and singer, I doubt that he got rich with either Sly or Graham Central Station.

So Larry?

What have you done for me lately? (apologizes to Janet Jackson)

Larry's been known to chill w/ Prince.

I believe he sometimes pops up at some of Prince's shows -- although I don't think on the current Musicology tour.

I agree, though, Jeremy, that greater visibility (and audibility!) of Mr. Graham would be much appreciated.

Also of note, Bernie Worrell, muy funky musician and Graham comrade, has been quite active recently -- doing some stuff w/ Les Claypool as well as some stuff w/ Mos Def's band that includes Doug Wimbish -- Black Jack Johnson.

I haven't voted.

Glad to read that the luv has been felt, 73 P! :D

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Not true, Willie.

I played in a band that opened for Bernie a few times. I was in the green room sitting on the sofa chillin' with Donna (his bass player - she's very funky and sweet) he walks up, kisses me on the top of my head, tells me to give a card to him AND his wife. Now I hear he's playing with some loser named Wes??? What's up with that?

I feel dissed.

Archived