Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A New Low? Beyonce "Austin Powers" single

Can a major pop song get any worse than the new Beyonce single for the new "Austin Powers" movie??? I saw the video for the first time last night. Sure, she looks like Tina Turner on crack, but the song -- which in many ways is representative of a lot of current r&b -- is beyond dreadful. And to think of all the money that will be put behind it. And to think that it will most likely be a hit. The pop music industry that I used to love is definately over.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing good about that video or song is Beyonce...other than that it's pure hot garbage. The Neptunes tried to "take it back", but with an all star lineup of keyboard/synth sounds, including the horns...well, it sucks. I'm not a fan of theirs, but I think the idea was there, just not the execution. Keep the drum program in there and hire a bunch of other musicians (they can hire the best with what they charge per track) to re-play that, a la their own album. On one other note, it is NOT representative of current R&B. Acts like Tweet, Truth Hurts, Amerie and others disprove that. It's not even representative of what you hear on the radio, which is by enlarge pure junk, too...so, I'm not sure it will be a hit. I'll say not. AOL did a poll and, like, 70-80% said it was wack. Peace
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

Archived