Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wireless Bass Systems.

urban-K9

I'm in the market for a wireless system. It appears that Sennheiser EW372, Shure ULXS24 or Shure SLX UHF are pretty hot units. Nady and Samson are garbage. Had a concert Series II, bad purchase. Need a body pack that is back-lite with auto scan for open freq. Recommendations are appreciated.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The X-Wire 905.

Best wireless system there is for bass. The company doesn't exist anymore, so the only way to get one is obviously to buy used. I have one and it is by far the best wireless system I've ever heard/played through. I never have problems with interference, drop outs, etc. It just works. I've A/B'd it with a patch chord and you can't tell the difference.

My guitarist has an x-wire, and I got to use it ONCE!

I've begged and pleaded with him to sell it - no go.

I offered to hook him up with my Ex-Wife - DEFINITELY no go.

...Tried to hire hit-men, ex-cons, politicians, used car salesmen, TV evangelists, telemarketers ... they all looked at me and said - "WHAT??!!! Have you no morals?!"

Guess it's the real deal, eh?

Jim

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Originally posted by JBFLA:

Guess it's the real deal, eh?

Indeed. I'm exponentially glad that I didn't sell mine to Jeremy a while ago (sorry, man!). I've been using it for most of my gigs lately and I just love it; especially on those big-ass stages where there is plenty of room to run around.

Know about the "X-wire". Sort of late for that one. Believe it or not, I've been following Ebay for an "X" or Telex unit for sale. I'd trade you my next door neighbor's vespa and a bag of pre-electorial "Bush" votes for your wireless...deal?

Thanks for the info. though.

snap dawg, one of my favorite daily players is a Modulus Quantum 4. Small world. Few other bags hold Warwick 5 neckthru, Spector Euro, Yamaha BB1600, Rick 3001-mono and a MightyMite Custom I use to beat the chicks off the stage with. Us bass players are what the girls really like.

Archived