Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ampeg B2R Question.

xvincex

Is there a switch behind the Ampeg B2R Head to switch from 110v to 220 volts for the AC power in. (North American voltage -> Overseas voltage) because I may sell my head to someone overseas and he'd like to know this, however I don't have my head with me right now and I want to answer him ASAP so if anyone owns this head please tell me!

Please don't tell me he'd need the "export" version?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you checked the manual on the Ampeg site?

After looking at it, I think he's gonna need the export version. Sorry. If he were going to a 100/120V plug, he'd be fine, but the manual doesn't mention a switch, and it explicitly says that only the export version can handle that current.

Originally posted by xvincex:

Is there a switch behind the Ampeg B2R Head to switch from 110v to 220 volts for the AC power in. (North American voltage -> Overseas voltage) because I may sell my head to someone overseas and he'd like to know this, however I don't have my head with me right now and I want to answer him ASAP so if anyone owns this head please tell me!

Please don't tell me he'd need the "export" version?

He could use a voltage converter , but I think Thomas has the best solution in mind, unless the guy is planning to travel overseas a lot with the amp.

Archived