Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

how do you play a......

barahawk1234

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Do your own research---here\'s a web page This web page says it's with valve 1 if you have a bass clef baritone and valve 2 if you have a treble clef baritone. Look on pages 14 and 15 of the link.

2) Ask your teacher. You don't have a teacher? You're trying to learn a brass instrument without a teacher?

3) Ask your band director. You're not in a school band? Why would you even play the baritone if you weren't in a marching band? There is no other use for this instrument.

4) You could go buy a method book.

5) If you are going to play an instrument, you should learn how to spell it. It's BARITONE.

6) This is a bass forum not a baritone forum.

7) You've now been officially welcomed to The Low Down Lowdown. Enjoy your first flame.

jeremy - why are you selling so much stuff?!

"You look hopefully for an idea and then you're humble when you find it and you wish your skills were better. To have even a half-baked touch of creativity is an honor."

-- Ernie Stires, composer

Originally posted by barahawk1234:

ho do you play a high e flat on a baratone

On a baratone saxafone u make an ombooshur on the mouthpeece and put ur left hand on 2 palm kees. Use a finnering chart to see which palm kees.

Then blow.

If ur ombushure is too tight the neyborhood dawgs will let u no about it.

- Matt W.

I don't know exactly what kind of baritone you're talking about but just in case you're talking about a brass euphonium (also known as a baritone) then a high Eb (in bass clef) would be played with just the 1st valve.
You think you know... but you have no idea...

Originally posted by jeremyc:

7) You've now been officially welcomed to The Low Down Lowdown. Enjoy your first flame.

Man, I wish people would flame me in such a comprehensive and productively informative manner. All I get are little numbers like "Screw you, if you don't know how to adjust a truss rod, you should kill yourself."

"For instance" is not proof.

Originally posted by Matt W:

Originally posted by barahawk1234:

ho do you play a high e flat on a baratone

On a baratone saxafone u make an ombooshur on the mouthpeece and put ur left hand on 2 palm kees. Use a finnering chart to see which palm kees.

Then blow.

If ur ombushure is too tight the neyborhood dawgs will let u no about it.

AHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That ruled.

Why would you even play the baritone if you weren't in a marching band? There is no other use for this instrument.

i beg to differ. i grant you it's not going to be featured on any solo albums any time soon but i've heard it used to great effect in small ensembles and in the horn sections of funk and rock bands.
Eeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

Originally posted by Ace Cracker:

Why would you even play the baritone if you weren't in a marching band? There is no other use for this instrument.

i beg to differ. i grant you it's not going to be featured on any solo albums any time soon but i've heard it used to great effect in small ensembles and in the horn sections of funk and rock bands.
Yes, but only the bands with horns.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Archived