Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Debt relief in Africa?

Nigeria owes about $28 billion to the IMF. The IMF is holding about $40 billion of Nigeria's money from frozen accounts and telling us they wont release the money till the country restructures and reorganizes. What the heck?. These guys are holding FRN's money, making interest off the money, and charging FRN interest for what it owes.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's a good solid substitute for having to govern the place as a colony and keep up the infrastructure. Better to have total financial control, first dibs on natural resources, and no responsibility.

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

[quote]Originally posted by Ted Nightshade: [b]That's a good solid substitute for having to govern the place as a colony and keep up the infrastructure. Better to have total financial control, first dibs on natural resources, and no responsibility.[/b][/quote]Exactly. They dont need to forgive us for any debt, they just need to give us our monies + all interest they've made on it. http://stuwww.hsu.edu/s/se108368/web/world.mp3

Archived