Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Our Drummer Quit!

73 P Bass

Our drummer quit tonight. He's moving to Florida to be closer to his in-laws and work for his Father-in-law. We have an actual paying gig that he says hell play as his swan song in a couple of weeks. The club is a little off the beaten path, and although the money is good, we are going to bag it (I'd be the only one who'd be able to get people there, seeing as my guitarist can't get people to go to Hartford, and the drummer, well he's quitting).

That's strike two.

Anyone know any good batters, I mean drummers in and around Hartford or New Haven?

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sucks.

I had two drummers quit from my two separate bands on the same night. Sucked.

Good, level headed drummers are few and far between. Find one and marry him or her (ala LizzyD and ClatterAmy). :D Sexual preference to the wind!

My suggestion would be to find a drummer, even if they are pretty new, that has just started college. That way you can be fairly certain you'll get at least 4 years out of them!

Is that so wrong? :D

I feel like such a hard core pragmatist (is that a word?) :D:D:D

If your band is staffed with patient folks, it seems that it would be worth the effort to 'mold' the new drummer into the perfect bandmate.

... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

JL hopes you find one fast so you don't steal his !!

Try going to Black Eyed Sally's for a few Wednesdays - there are some good (and a few not-so-good) stick handlers there. They aren't just blues guys. If you get there early, you'll find Tom the bassist around the bar to the right watching the Sox play. Tell him you know Tom from Long Island and that you are looking for a drummer. But stay and watch the guys who get up as well.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Tom, that is the most cryptic post I've ever read.

I originally thought it had something to do with Tom Bombadil and Strider and ....

"Let's raise the level of this conversation" -- Jeremy Cohen, in the Picasso Thread.

Still spendin' that political capital far faster than I can earn it...stretched way out on a limb here and looking for a better interest rate.

Tom Bombadil, Tom Bombadillio, bright blue his jacket is and his boots are yellow.....

One of my favorite characters.

You know there have been several movies of LOTR and none of them have featured Tom Bombadil (or Glorfindel for that matter, Legolas keeps getting his part). I think he needs to get a new agent!

By the way 73 P Bass, I'm having the "I can't find a drummer" blues also. I feel your pain man!

Good luck!

Cheers

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

That really blows..... What is the deal with drummers anyway? We went through 6 drummers in 4 months, before we found a young dude who plays great, and actually shows up for practice early... he even tapes practice sessions and takes them home to practice :eek: (Sorry.... you can't have him !!!) :D:D:D

Hope you find a good, dedicated drummer soon....

Rock on....

Originally posted by Social Critic:

Hey, P73, how close are you to Suffield? I may have to do a little business travel next week.

20 minutes South.

My mother's family is from Agawam MA(the town next to Suffield).

"Start listening to music!".

-Jeremy C

Originally posted by davebrownbass:

Tom, that is the most cryptic post I've ever read.

I originally thought it had something to do with Tom Bombadil and Strider and ....

I have no knowledge of this stuff. The post may have seemed like some cryptic mess, but it was actually very pointed. I spent 6 months in 73pbass' town playing jams, and was directing him to a place where he could hear/find some talent. Now when I tell him to walk to the left and dig where the "X" is in the alley, that's cryptic....

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived