Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I've just composed my EIGHTH Bass solo!!!

I'm ecstatic! :thu: This time, this is better than sex! (Yes,...really :D:rolleyes: ).

I posted here on Thursday after composing my first Bass solo. Well, I'm on a roll bredren, I'm on a roll. :):thu:

The only problem was this solo is so high up the fret board, I'm gonna have to transpose the song to a lower key or, learn the 6 string!! :eek:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations TSBR!!! :thu:

I envy you!

I can come up with stuff in my head, but I can't yet make it translate to my hands and come out of the bass!!! :P:D

Oh well... it's good for me to have a goal!

Keep up the good work! :thu:

.... connie z

"Change comes from within." - Jeremy Cohen

The definition of LUCK: When Preparation meets Opportunity!

http://www.cybergumbo.com

Nice one TShaka - get it recorded and send me a CDR! :)

I can come up with stuff in my head, but I can't yet make it translate to my hands and come out of the bass!!! [Razz] [big Grin]

Oh well... it's good for me to have a goal!

don't worry connie, it's just a matter of perseverance. talk it slow, try and break down the idea in different ways - think about the techniques involved, the sound you're looking for, the phrasing... sometimes it's only one aspect that is out but it can be difficult to work out which one!

enjoy!

Steve

www.stevelawson.net

It sucks to work a 9 to 5 and to find yourself constantly humming stuff to yourself that would sound great on bass, getting home, picking your bass up, forgetting everything and being mad as heck. I'm sure that if i knew more music theory, this wouldn't be the case.

jason

2cor5:21

Soli Deo Gloria

"it's the beauty of a community. it takes a village to raise a[n] [LLroomtempJ]." -robb

My YouTube Channel

GREAT IDEA!! :thu: Buy a dictaphone. The digital ones are superb. You never ever forget a lick or tune. Whenever it come, record it.

Damn right Steve, I'm gonna record this solo and send it to you. Infact, you'll be the first to hear it sir. :)

Ofcourse I will!! Thing is, I have no idea how these MP3's are 'uploaded' :o and I haven't recorded the staff yet. I only have the music on keyboard, I then play the solo while the keyboard plays back.

I'll definately post the songs for feedback from all you guys.

As 'luck' would have it, I finished my third 'made for solo' bass composition today. :cool: I'm on a roll......as JB would say, 'HIT ME'!!!! :thu:

Just need a site to host the file from.

Most ISP's offer free webpages and around 10MB of space as part of their service (your mileage may vary). Just use their FTP or HTTP upload to their server, and post the URL here :)

i.e. I have Comcast Broadband as my ISP. On their Personal Webpage service I can have 25MB of stuff loaded on their server. They also offer serveral webpage builders, FAQ's, and other goodies. Dont even need to make a webpage, just upload the file and link it. like my avatar here, its just a JPG that I uploaded to their server and copied the URL to my profile.

and grats again on your newest solo creation:)

3 solo's in a week-ish? damn good work :)

Originally posted by TShakazBlackRoots:

I'm gonna have to transpose the song to a lower key or, learn the 6 string!! :eek:

And so the need for an extended range instrument arrises. I remember TSBR when you posted awhile back wondering why people would need an extended range instrument. I bet with a high C and possibly even a high f string your composition could be played all on one instrument.
THE ace of bass

You're right. Extended instrument or a six string. :eek:

On the other hand, I plan to compose/write the solos and give them to more experienced solo bassists like Lawson and co, feature them on my albums while I play the major basslines. ;)

How about that? :cool:

I have a digital dictation recorded that I keep with me. I like taking walks and ideas come out quite a bit. Sometimes 3 parts at once. 2 guitars and bass. On occasion, I've had to leave myself voicemails on my cell phone. I'm not sure if I'll even believe that someone is completely happy with where they are ear training wise, but it's a great conquest and the better you get, the more free you feel as a player.

Mike Bear

Artisan-Vocals/Bass

Instructor

Oh yes, I'm officially on the proverbial roll. :D

What I've decided to do is compose the melodies and arrangements of my solos, then record the demos on my keyboard. I'll then pass on the songs to more accomplished bass soloists to improve and add their input, then play the songs. :idea: I'll play the basslines to the songs as I'm not anywhere near being a soloist. But I can sure write solo melodies and arrangements all day. :cool:

I've always loved smooth Jazz (traditional too), but I didn't know I had it in me to try compose these songs till I joined this board.

Where's the publishing? :D

Man, at this rate, I'm gonna have an album pretty soon! :cool: I have no idea what it is, but I just can't stop composing bass solo melodies within complete songs at the moment. I've actual already composed entire songs/arrangements around these solos. :)

My partner has had a listen and cannot believe I did this stuff. She says it sounds 'beyond' my realms of musical abilities! :mad: That's meant to be a compliment I believe.

CONGRATS!!!!..yah yah ...many kudos to you....hearing that makes me feel old though :( ......I'm sure everybody would love to hear it......and maybe even try to knock it off!!!...please give us a taste!!!!

cheers!

:thu::thu::thu:

Have you hugged your bass today?

DaveAG, yesterday I recorded demo solo number 10!! I've done my tenth solo!! :thu:

I really want you guys to have a taste. I'm shipping my keyboard to Africa today. When I get there, I record all the rough demos on cd and send them to anyone of you guys who knows how to upload this MP3 buisness (as I gat no clue on that score :o ).

Archived