Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ich nicht sprechen Deutch...or something.

ClarkW

Hopefully that subject line was good enough to get my point across, but bad enough to inspire someone to give me a hand.

My band's new CD has been reviewed by a German webzine, but the review is obviously in German and we've only got Spanish, French, and English speakers in the band. I've tried Google's translation service (I've got a suspicion it's the Babelfish engine) and Babelfish at AltaVista, but instead of translating the page from German to English as I requested, it translated it from German to Utter Wackiness.

If any German/English or even German/French bilinguals wouldn't mind doing a small bit of translation, or if anyone happens to know of a whiz-bang auto-translator, I'd appreciate it if you could help me out. The url is http://www.babyblaue-seiten.de/album_4253.html#6184

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ClarkW:

I've tried Google's translation service (I've got a suspicion it's the Babelfish engine) and Babelfish at AltaVista, but instead of translating the page from German to English as I requested, it translated it from German to Utter Wackiness.

:D Ahhh, Babelfish. Always amusing, often frustrating, sometimes useful.

You might try here, might be of use:

LEO web page

Wish I could help more.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

I read the review and it is a good one! Says your band really understands the genre and makes some positive comparisons to Dream Theatre.

Denn seit einiger Zeit befürchte ich, dass der Progmetal längst Abnutzungserscheinungen zeigt und zu versteinern droht es klingt einfach zu viel zu ähnlich.

Bis gestern.

Roughly means that the reviewer up to then has basically heard the same Progressive Metal thing over and over again. That this CD was in fact different.

Won't translate the whole thing but kudos to your band--you have a very good German review!

EDIT: Also, the Wertung meter on the bottom of the site gives the CD an 11 of 15 possible points--very good; Germans are very critical, and will not inflate ratings like other cultures. Feel good about this, IMO.

Vergleichbar mit: liegt zwischen Dream Theater, Rush und Kansas means "Comparison: somewhere between Dream Theater, Rush and Kansas."

Regards and Gruess Gott,

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Looks like dict.LEO is just a really good dictionary page, and doesn't support full translation. If I knew a little more about German grammar and constructs, I might be able to piece it together, but I think there are too many common music idioms for me to pull it off. Thanks though!

Archived