Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

More about drum machines and such...

[quote]posted by aeon: [b]So what the plug-in does is this (very simplified - for example, I am not addressing differing fundamental frequencies): it does a FFT on each sound, and then compares the first harmonic in sound A to the first harmonic in sound B, and derives a value by interpolating between the source values...hence, harmonic interpolation. This continues to the extent desired based on time and computing resources, and how accurate we want the “morph” to be. It is pretty speedy on a modern desktop computer, and specialized platforms like the Kyma can do it in real-time. Of course, we need not limit ourself to drum sounds...we could morph between a piano and voice, two voices, etc.[/b][/quote]Ahh...how slick is that! I wonder if I already have that plug or one like it for ProTools. Jedi - rock on, brother! I'm wit' ya in the Cave...I luv to crank the rockin box beats.

Eric Vincent (ASCAP)

www.curvedominant.com

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote][i]Curve said:[/i] [b]I wonder if I already have that plug or one like it for ProTools.[/b][/quote]As a fellow PT user, I can say with a fair degree of assuredness that there is no plug to do this within the PT environment. [quote][i]ZA said:[/i] [b]aeon, feel like posting some samples? I think a bunch of us are interested.[/b][/quote]I would be up for it. One problem though...I don’t have anything in my personal studio but synths...so if someone would be willing to provide things like a acoustic guitar pluck, a trumpet note, a piano note, a vox “aaah” and a couple of drum sounds, that would be great. .wav or .aiff would be fine since the samples would be short. Notes at A, 440Hz would also be nice. If someone wants to contact me about this, e-mail me at: aeon"atsign"tweakhead"dot"com you know what to do to make the e-mail work...I just have to be sly to throw off the spambot spiders. :D
Go tell someone you love that you love them.

hmm I like acoustic instruments playing 'electronically'...like the ?Kronos? quartet playing Kraftwerk or the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack and electronic instruments using acoustic techniques..also cool. When there are only certain instruments you can use in a type of music and you can only play them in a certain way...that music is dead.

Archived