Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CD Review: Mike Keneally Band - "Dog"

Yogi

The Mike Keneally Band's new CD, Dog is now shipping from Moosemart . The band is Mike Keneally on vox, guitars and keys, Rick Musallam on vox and guitar, Bryan Beller on bass, and Nick D'Virgilio on drums.

The album is thick, demanding, beautiful, inspiring, and unclassifiable. You know, typical of most of Keneally's stuff. To readers here, Beller's bass playing is the stuff of legend on this record. My god, he is fantastic.

Get the special edition version for the DVD that comes with it - an hour of live footage, a ton of making-of features, and other goodies. The best Exowax package yet.

Oh, and we played Dog in its entirety on this weeks Poultry Of The Damned (show #9). Listen and be schooled.

"Expectations are the enemy of music." - Mike Keneally

Hi! My band is... my band is... HALF ZAFTIG | Half Zaftig on MySpace | The Solo Stuff

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just listening to your show, and it seems that I might have to make an effort to get my hands on the album. The songs are really strange, but in a "why do things just like everyone else when you can have fun and do what you really feel like doing and most of all, do it with style"-way ;):D .
(up to 200 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.

You know, I was just thinking about posting my thoughts about "Dog" here...and Yogi beats me to it.

The Special Edition f**kin' rocks. The live footage on the DVD is amazing. Beller is a friggin' groove machine.

Buy it.

Howzit compare to #3 With a Mullet? ;):D

I'm intrigued. Right now, though, Beller's View is ahead of it on the "to buy" list.

I will listen to some evil fowl internet radio later this week to try to get a taste. Thanks for sharing.

Peace.

--Dub $$

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived